This workshop presentation was given by Rich Dill, Solutions Engineer at SnapLogic at the GigaOm Structure Data Conference, March 20-21, 2013 in New York City, NY.
What are the Top Ten Challenges?
1. A miracle occurs here - Of course we can connect to it…
2. There is always more data than you expected - Unless there is not enough data to be meaningful
3. Never mistake a memo for reality - Did you hear what I said or what I meant?
4. It is logically impossible to schedule for the unknown
5. There is life beyond American English - Eventually you will have to deal with other languages
6. Of course the data is accurate, clean and ready - Data quality issues can kill project schedules
7. Dealing with unstructured data is fun - Somewhere buried inside is your delimiter where you least expect it
8. The data and process is subject to… Pick your acronym PCI, FIX, HIPAA, SOX
9. The requirements once defined are set in stone - Requirements almost always evolve
10. The most critical data will be on the most difficult platform to access - “a good deal of our case data is on Notes running on AS400”