3. World’s largest community • According to the website (www.slideshare.net/about)) SlideShare is www.slideshare.net/about the world’s largest community for sharing presentations • Over 60 million visitors each month • Among the most visited 200 websites in the world • Supports: • Presentations • Documents • PDFs • Videos • Webinars
4. Share, learn, & get noticed • When SlideShare’s professional & educational community discovers content, they regularly : • Comment • Favorite • Download • Content spreads virally via blogs and social media like: • LinkedIn • Facebook • Twitter
5. Why upload to Slideshare? • Individuals & organizations upload to SlideShare to: • Share ideas • Conduct research • Connect with others • Etc.
6. Why check out slideshare? • Good source to: • View presentations & documents on topics of interest to you • Download, reuse, and remix this content for your own use
7. Interestingly …• SlideShare was recently voted among the World’s Top 10 tools for education & elearning• SlideShare is regularly used by the Whitehouse and many other US government departments• SlideShare finds reference in hundreds of published books on Internet, Web 2.0, technology (search “slideshare” on Google books)• SlideShare CEO Rashmi Sinha was recently named among the world’s Top 10 Women Influencers in Web 2.0 by FastCompany
8. What can you do in slideshare?• Upload presentations publicly or privately• Download presentations on any topic & reuse or remix• Embed on blogs, websites, company intranets• Share on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn• Zipcast: free, no download, 1 click web meetings• Slidecast: sync mp3 audio with slides to create a webinar• Embed YouTube videos inside SlideShare presentations