Jimmy john’s new age of marketing
by Ron Skubisz on Aug 16, 2010
- 7,909 views
Social Media Proposal: Jimmy John’s ...
Social Media Proposal: Jimmy John’s
1. Presented by: Ron Skubisz
2. Founded in 1983 by Jimmy John Liautuad, Jimmy John’s has become one of the largest gourmet sandwich stops as well as “America’s favorite sandwich delivery guys”. Jimmy John’s markets to customers who want to walk in and out with their sandwich in under 2 minutes.
3. Jimmy John’s marketing strategy is geared towards highlighting their speed and delivery services. Jimmy John’s currently sponsors NASCAR’s Kevin Harvick in the number thirty-three car as well as the UFC Heaveyweight Champion, Brock Lesner. Their goal is to become not only the number one sandwich restaurant but also the number one delivery service in America.
4. My proposal is to have the Jimmy John’s divert more of their focus towards new media outlets. The new media outlets I propose Jimmy John’s looks into are the following...
5. With over 400,000 fans on Facebook, Jimmy John’s has already taken the first step towards utilizing this new resource. What I am proposing is that Jimmy John’s uses their page to hand out coupons or discounts to those who become fans of their company. Also, the JJ’s page is the perfect tool for creating and inviting people to come to their promotional events.
6. Blogger has become an extremely effective tool for companies to promote and connect with their customers. By hiring bloggers and critics to post blogs about them, Jimmy John’s will have it’s name and reviews read by thousands.
7. My proposal call for Jimmy John’s to create a mobile phone app that will find locations, browse the menu, and place orders for pick up or delivery.
8. With the dominance displyed by YouTube over the past 5 years, I propose that Jimmy John’s hold a commercial contest where participants make and upload their own Jimmy John’s commercials. The winner will have theirs become part of the national television campaign.
9. My proposal calls for a budget of under a 100,000 dollars, much of it going towards the national television campaign.
10. Success will be measured through following the growing number of users on Facebook, Blogger, App stores, and YouTube.
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views