Diploma Project Management Captain Cook College Sharon Boyle
Attempted Activity 1, 2 & 3 Discussed results for all Activities Started ? all four assessment items All Risk Unit assessment items MUST be in by 2 November
The biggest & most complex area of Diploma Big money = big potential problems Some projects rely heavily on procurements – others not so much Egs ◦ construction & engineering HUGE issue ◦ Events = critical issue but perhaps not so much ◦ Community based events = not much money lesser problem ◦ IT = entirely about procurement – think RBH & computers
1.1. Identify procurement requirements with input from stakeholders as the basis for procurement planning and contracts 1.2. Establish & maintain, within delegated authority, an agreed procurement management plan
What will the procurement management plan need to align with?
2.1. Obtain information from established sources capable of fulfilling procurement requirements 2.2. Adopt established selection processes and selection criteria, including occupational health and safety (OHS) requirements, 2.3. Obtain approvals for procurement processes
Workshopped results in class. Signatures – yes, but Stakeholder input Development of processes Management understanding of processes
3.1. Communicate agreed proposals prospective contractors or suppliers 3.2. Evaluate responses and select preferred contractors or suppliers in accordance with current legal requirements & agreed selection processes 3.3. Conduct negotiations with preferred contractor or supplier, with guidance of higher project authority if necessary, to agree on contract terms and conditions, establish common goals and minimise uncertainty
Number of Quotes Additional Project Value Required InformationBigger job moreprocesses required Due diligence isVictorian Health Dept required. Proposal must be $0 - $25,000 1 written tender consistent with current market prices. $25,000 - 3 written tenders $150,000 minimum 3 Tenderers from The process a list of pre- should incorporate $150,000 and qualified activities set out in over consultants or Table: Consultancy inviting public Appointment tenders Flowchart
Victorian Health Department Bigger jobs
Communication During Selection Process – Internal and External Selection Com. Strategy Debrief Selection Debrief Losing ContractService Needs Criteria Firms Negotiations Independent Fee Estimate Selection Develop Evaluate Interview/ Committee RFQ/RFP and Shortlist Final Selection Scoping
Please watch – you will need this for 1st assessment item….. Workshopped results in class.
1. Procurement StatementDescribe, in general terms, what products or services are being considered for procurement:
2. Estimated CostProvide an estimated total cost of all procurements in this project. Include confidence limits for your estimplus/minus dollars or percent of estimate). Example: $1,567,000 +/- 20%
3. Vendor SelectionDescribe what approach the project team will take to select a product or vendor (e.g. RFI, RFP, IFB).
1. Procurement DefinitionDescribe, in specific terms, what items will be procured and under what conditions:
2. Selection Process & CriteriaDescribe the selection process. List selection criteria. Describe any analytical selection tool that you will use.
3. Project Procurement TeamList all stakeholders who are involved in the Procurement Process, along with contact information and a descriptionof their Procurement Role. Enter an [ X ] next to each project team member who is authorized to enter into contractagreements or purchase for the Team (insert rows as needed): X Name: Phone / email: Procurement Role:here[ ][ ][ ][ ]
4. Contract TypeDocument which types of contract(s) will be used and the actions required to initiate the contract.5. Contract StandardsProvide the standards for documentation that will be used for each contract.
6. Vendor ManagementDescribe what steps the project team will take to ensure that the vendor provides all of the products and/or services(and only the products and/or services) that were agreed upon, and that appropriate levels of quality aremaintained.22.214.171.124.
7. Links to related planning documentsProvide hyperlinks to related documents, such as the Change Request Management Plan, Vendor Paymetc., or attach as addenda.Change Request Management Plan,Vendor Payment Plan,
8. Project Procurement Plan / Signatures Project Name: Project Manager: I have reviewed the information contained in this Project Procurement Plan and agree: Name Role Signature Date (MM/DD/YYYY)The signatures above indicate an understanding of the purpose and content of this document by those signing it. By signing this document, they agree to this as
Powerpoint presentation Introduction to Procurement & contractsMorning Tea Continued Powerpoint presentation Introduction to Procurement & contracts Reference to policies & procedures USQ Consultant selection processesLunch Assessment items for unit Procurement management plan Agree date & time for Role play
Presentation Richard VH – procurement in the engineering industry Time for reading & Activities 1,2,3,4 & 5.Morning Tea Revision of yesterday’s termsLunch Answers & discussion Activities 1, 2,3 Complete Fred’s Shed procurement plan Assessments completed