Practice With Opening And Closing ProgramsDocument Transcript
Practice with Opening and Closing Programs
1. Double-click on the icon of the program you want to open.
2. The program will load onto the desktop.
3. Locate the menus and toolbar in the program you opened.
4. You can close a program two ways.
a. Click on the X in the top right corner of the screen.
b. Go to the File menu and choose Exit, Close, or Quit.
Practice Resizing Programs
1. Choose a program to practice with and open it.
2. Locate the X in the top right hand corner of the screen, but don’t click on it.
3. Next to the X are two other buttons.
a. The Minimize button will make the program window disappear into the
taskbar. It does not close the program. To pull it back up, click on the
title of the program on the taskbar.
b. The Restore button will make the program window less than the full screen.
c. The Restore button can be replaced by the Maximize button.
d. The Maximize button makes the program window take up the entire screen.
4. To Resize a window to a specific size, you should use the three bars in the lower
a. To resize the window, click and drag this corner until the window is the