What is Mystery?
• Mystery Something that is difficult or
impossible to understand or explain.
• A mystery is something that is
impossible or difficult to figure out. It
can be a secret, riddle or a puzzle hence
needs intelligence in order to reveal the
• A mystery is mostly in investigation
activities where by a detective has to
solve a puzzle so as to find a solution of
a crime and crack the case.
• There are a lot of Mysteries around the world.
They can be from what we see everyday around us.
Like: Why do the young try to act so much older than
they are, but the older try their best to look and
why people with the most money are the most
unhappy, and people with nothing much are the
Why do people long to be rich or powerful, and once
they are one of two things happen. (1) they are
never satisfied and still long for more, (2) they are
overwhelmed and do not know what to do with
themselves. These are the mysteries of life still
Let us see some unsolved mysteries of the world.
The Bermuda Triangle
• The Bermuda Triangle is a large part of ocean in
the North Atlantic that has been the source of
many plain- and boat disappearances.
• A number of explanations have been suggested
over the years ranging from; time warps,
extreme weather to alien abductions.
• There is substantial evidence to show that many
of the disappearances have been exaggerated,
but even if those were excluded from the total
count, the odds of vanishing into thin air are
higher in the Bermuda Triangle then anywhere
• The Bermuda Triangle is still one of the biggest
unsolved mysteries in the world.
The Loch Ness Monster
• The Loch Ness Monster is a legendary animal
that supposedly resides in the depths of Loch
Ness, a long narrow lake situated in rural
• Stories concerning the monster date back to
the 6th century A.D. The region was in
complete isolation until a road was built
alongside the lake in 1933.
• Then large numbers of people travelled
through the region for the very first time.
Over the years thousands have reported
seeing something in the lake. Most reports
depict a long neck surging from the water with
a small head of a unknown creature.
The Zodiac Killer
• In the late 60s and early 70s, the Zodiac Killer
terrorized northern California, murdering four
men and three women.
• The killer sent letters containing four
cryptograms to the local media. Of the four
cryptograms sent, only one has been
• Despite several people coming forward over
the years claiming to know the identity of the
killer, the murderer's identity is still unknown.
• Bigfoot is world-famous for scaring the hikers
and hunters in North America. Scientists
consider Sasquatch to be the result of folklore
and misidentification. However, many people
still believe these humanoid creatures exist
around the world, just like the Yeti of the
• In December 1948, an unidentified man
was found dead in Somerton Beach, located
in Adelaide, Australia.
• Found in one of his pockets was a piece of
paper with the words “Tamam Shud”
written on it. When the words were
translated they meant “finished” or
• Although governments around the world
have tried to identify the man his identity
has remained a mystery.
Atlantis-the Lost city
• Atlantis is a legendary island first mentioned in
350 BC by Plato. He wrote about a beautiful
island in the Atlantic Ocean that went under the
ocean waves in one day and one night.
• For years people have been looking for this
mysterious lost city. The exact location of the
lost city of Atlantis has been questioned by
• Some people think it's lost somewhere
in Central America and some think its near
Andes mountains in Bolivia. However its exact
location has not been found yet.
The Wow Signal
• On a summer night in 1977, a signal was caught
by a big telescope and it seemed for a short
period of time that human history is going to
change. The message was sent from another
world and lasted for seventy seconds.
• The signal was actually shift of letters to
numbers and was so intriguing that Ehman
circled the letters with red ink and wrote
“Wow” on it, since then it is known as “The
• Many professionals and astronauts tried to
actually find out the exact meaning of that
signal but did not succeed and the signal has
never been found again.
• Also identified as the American version
of Stonehenge, the Georgia Guidestones
located in Elbert County are shrouded in
mystery, although they were erected only
• Written on the walls are 10 “new
commandments” written in English,
Swahili, Hindi, Hebrew, Arabic, China,
Russia, and Spanish although no one is
sure why or for whom they were meant.
The Mystery of life isn’t a
problem to solve, but a
reality to experience.