1. Sikkim Holidays Tour Trek and Expedition Sonam Gyatso Marg. Tibet Road Opposite Blue Sky Hotel Gangtok, East Sikkim. Phone: 098323 91716, 09434010330 Office Phone: - 03592 206154 Office Fax:- 03592 206154
2. Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org www.sikkim-holidays.comThe Singalila trek in Sikkim is said to cover the political boundary between Nepal and Sikkim. The Singalila trek of Sikkim extends fromKanchinjingna to the northern plains of Bengal.Talking about the Singalila trek it can be said that the Singalila trek at Sikkim starts at Uttarey and extends upto the Chewa Bhanjang,which lies on the Nepal-Sikkim border. The Singalila trek of Sikkim expands between 12,000 feet to 14,000 feet: the highest point in theSingalila trek is Dafey Bhir Pass, which is perched at an altitude of 14,450 feet from the sea-level.Moreover, the landscape of the Singalila trek adds pleasure to trekking in at Singalila. Singalila trek has a barren landscape, which isdevoid of any trees and boasts of steep and rocky hills. The folds and grassy meadow of Singalila adds delight to trekking at Singalila.Thus, the Singalila trek seems to be a trekkers paradise.It can be said that the Singalila trek of Sikkim houses a blissful ambiance. The sparkling lakes of the Singalila add a pristine charm to theambiance of the trek. Among the major high altitude lakes of Singalila trek are: Lampokhari Ram and Laxhman Laxmi Pokhery Zomlay Pokheries
3. Moreover, the Singalila trek in Sikkim offers majestic view of the Himalayas. The trek allows the trekkers to walk through the forestscontaining silver firs and rhododendrons: the trekking routes up to the alpine plains of Dzongri contain a dense growth of forests.Furthermore, it is noteworthy that the certain regions that fall under the Singalila trekking route are restricted areas: the trekkers needto get a permit from the authorized heads before trekking in these regions. The areas near the Nepal border are expected to apply forpermit before trekking the borderline area.Itinerary for Trek and tour.7Nights Hotel. 13nights Camping.Day (01) : Delhi or Kolkata - Bagdogra Air Port - Darjeeling (2130m) by car.A charming 4-hour journey, through Assam tea plantations and tiny villages takes us to Darjeeling. Built on top of a ridge, Darjeeling faces the Himalaya and is a popular destination for Westerners and Bengalis alike.Day (2) : Sightseeing at Darjeeling. Local tour in DarjeelingWe recommend a toy train ride from Darjeeling to Ghoom and back for 1.3hrs. The train starts at 9.45AM.After breakfast visit Padmaja Naidu Zoological Park (Closed on Thursday) to see some rare collection of high altitude Himalayan species like Snow leopard, clouded Leopard, Siberian Tiger, Red Panda and many raremammal and birds in the nature surroundings. Visit Himalayan Mountaineering Institute (Closed on Thursday) to see the priceless collection of mountaineering gears used by legendary climbers in the Himalayas.After that we take you to the Tea garden on the undulating valleys for viewing the scenic landscape and tea plucking and processing (seasonal) then proceed to Tenzing rock and Gombu Rock for some fun rockclimbing activities. Now we take you to the Tibetan Refugee center (Closed on Sunday) and Bhutia Basti to procure the traditional handicraft items made by the local people. Visit Ava Art Gallery that houses theunique art and embroidery works of Mrs. Ava Devi. Back to Hotel for Lunch. Car service from 9Am to 1PM.After Lunch visit Rock garden, a garden fully made out of rock. A marvel of present day architecture the rock garden is situated at a distance of about 12 kilometers away from Darjeeling town. It is a place worth avisit. Also visit Ganga Maya park situated 2 kilometers away from rock garden. It has a small lake at its helm, with boating facilities where one can enjoy the serene cool atmosphere of the place. Back to the hotel andhave a free time for shopping at Mall. Car service from 2.30 PM to 4.30 PM.Recommended: Walk around the Lovers Road and enjoy a quite evening at the Shrubbery Park on top of the Mall hill.
4. Day (03): Darjeeling – Pemayangtse - Pelling (2080 m) in 5 h.We visit Pemayangtse monastery, one of the oldest and most impressive gompas in Sikkim.Day 04) Pemayangtse- pelling - Uttarey (1960) in 5 h.Jeep ride to Uttarey, small village located near the Nepali border.Day (05) : Uttarey - Chewabhanjang (3200m) in 5 h.Today is a steady climb up as we trek towards the international border of Sikkim and Nepal. We follow a good trail, heading through dense rhododendron forest.
5. Day (06) : Chewabhanjang - Dhor (3750 m) in 7 h.After a steep climb through the rhododendron forest, the path switches between Nepal and Sikkim with spectacular views down either side of the ridge. It is obvious why thetrail clings to the ridge top, there is simply no way down on either side, so dense is the rhododendron forest!Day 07) Dhor - Paharey Megu (3900m) in 5 h.Spectacular views of the mountains ahead. We follow the ridge on a good path which once again switches from side to side along the ridge with many short ascents anddescents. Camp on open grazing slopes.Day 08) Paharey Megu - Camp before Daphe Pass (4100 m) in 5 h.
6. Steady climb on the west side of the ridge. The terrain becomes more open as we follow a wide valley, turning east, in the direction of a large waterfall. Camp by the holy lakes on the west side of the pass.Day (09) : Camp before Daphe Pass - Daphe Pass (4450 m) - Gomathang (3750 m) in 5 h.Today is one of the most beautiful walks of the trek, as we cross a high mountain pass, offering spectacular views to the north, of the high mountains of Sikkim, includingKangchenjunga (8585m.), Kabru (7317m.) and Pandim (6691m.). We follow at first an easy trail which skirts the edge of two lakes, surrounded by prayer flags, then a steepzig-zag path that climbs to the pass. The walk down to the valley floor follows a good trail across open slopes at first and then down through the pine and juniper forest.
7. Day (10) : Gomathang - Panding (4200 m) in 6 h.Up and down through the rhododendron forest. After Yangshep (3900 m) we follow a steep path up to Panding.Day (11): Panding - Dzongri (4020m) in 5h.We head towards the north-east, descending at first to a river we cross on a plank bridge. Then we start the climb to Dzongri where we meet the original "Sikkim andKanchenjunga trek" itinerary.Day (12) : Dzongri - Thansing (3930m) in 4h.We descend through rhododendron forest towards the the glacial Prek river. We establish our campsite on the grassy pastures of Thansing. The southern ridge of Kanchenjunga and the Onglakhing glacier are visibledirectly ahead and there are close-up views of Pandim.Day (13) : Thansing - lamuni (4200m) in 3h.
8. A pleasant walk below the west side of Pandim, through dwarf azaleas and rhododendrons to Zemathang. We take our first footsteps on the Onglakhing glacier, and climb up to the shores of the Samity lake, reputed tobe the sacred source of the Prek river. Ringed by prayer flags, the lake reflects Forked Peak, Kabru North, Gocha Peak and other snow-capped peaks.Day (14) : Lamuni - Gocha La (4940m) - Thansing in 7h.We have to leave quite early this morning, as fog and clouds descend on the pass shortly after sunrise. The track to Gocha La climbs steeply through moraines. From thepass, ringed with colorful prayer flags, we can see Kanchenjunga and beyond that, the Talung glacier.
9. Day (15) : Thansing - Lam Pokhari (4230m) in 5h.After a steep descent, we climb through alpine areas and pass by tiny lakes.Day (16) : Lam Pokhari - Kasturi La (4500m) - Kasturi Odar (3500m) in 6h.A steep ascent leads to the pass, from where wedescend through a luxuriant tropical forest.Day (17) : Kasturi Odar - Labdang (2000m) in 6h.Today we will walk in the half-light of the undergrowth, through a dense forest, where lianas tangle and moss and orchids hide tree trunks.
10. Day (18) : Labdang - Tashiding (1740m) in 5h.‘An easy walk, in an atmosphere becoming more humid and heavier as we descend.Day (19) : Gangtok (4h).We visit the Tashiding monastery, one of the most isolated in Sikkim, perched on the top of a hill set between two rivers. And drive to Gangtok Via Namchi Samdruptse andTemi Tea State.
11. Day (20) : GangtokFull day Gangtok the capital of Sikkim. Sightseeing to some of the beautiful places at Gangtok mention below. Farwell dinner at Barap house, Over Night at Gangtok.Today after breakfast we take you to a full day city tour in and around Gangtok. Visit Government Institute of Cottage Industry (Closed on Sunday, 2ndSaturday) where beautiful souvenirs like carpets, hand carved tables (choktses), traditional handcrafts, furniture, hand looms carpets and other products areproduced & exhibited for sale. Visit Orchid House to see or buy some rare orchids and ornamental plants. We also take you to Sikkim Research Institute ofTibetology, which holds worlds largest collection of books and rare manuscripts on the subject of Mahayana Buddhism plus many religious works of art andincredibly finely executed silk embroidered Thangkas (paintings). Just beside the institute is the Dodurl Chorten encircled by 108 prayer wheels built by lateTrulsi Rimpoche in 1945-46. This is one of the most important and biggest stupas found in Sikkim.Now we take you to the most important religious place of Sikkim – The Rumtek Dharma Chakra Center, 24kms from Gangtok. Built in 1960 by His Holinessthe late 16th Gyalwa Karmapa it is a replica of the original Kagyurpa Monastery in Tsurphu, Tibet, the seat of His Holiness the Gyalwa Karmapa Rinpoche,head of the Karmapa sub sect of Kargyudpa order of Tibetan Buddhism. It now functions as the headquarters of the Dharma Chakra Religious Centre. Walkto the Shri Nalanda Institute for Higher Buddhist Studies just adjacent to the Monastery Building.While coming back from Rumtek visit Jawaharlal Nehru Botanical Garden with well tended tropical and temperate plants and orchids. Stop for a while at theShanti View Point to enjoy the panoramic view of the Gangtok valley. Back to Hotel for lunch. Car Service from 9.00AM to 2.00PM
12. Recommended afternoon activities: Leisure evening walk along the quiet ridge park road and enjoy the beauty of the hills.Day (21) : GangtokBagdogra (by car) - Delhi (by plane). (Hotel B & B)Total Cost for the trek for 2 people will beUSD$ 4,426Per Person Cost will be =USD$2,213.The Package Cost includes1}.A/C super luxury suv Transport 4 to 6setter.2}.Pickup and drop from Bagdora Airport and drop to Bag- Dora Air Port Air Port.3}.Accommodations provide on Super Deluxe Luxury Hotel and Resorts on full board basis AP Plan.
13. 4) All camping equipment High altitude sleeping bag and tent. 1. Water proof Duffle bag for group of 2.5}. Permit fees and Royalty, for Kanchendzonga national Park fees for Trekkers, pack Animals, Guide, Porters, Cook and also CameraFees.6) Trekkers Hut and Camping Fees to Tourism Department and TAAS.7)10.42% Service charge to Sikkim Holidays. Service Tax 4.58% Total 15% service charge and Govt tax8) Professional English speaking mountain guide with medical knowledge and trekking crew.9) All camping equipment Sherpa, porters, yak or Horse, Cook, and Food both vegetarian and non-vegetarian.10) Bed tea, Break Fast, Lunch, Tea and Snacks, Soup, dinner and deserts every Day. We served Indian, continental, chines andsikkimes local food.11) All your luggage will be carried by the yaks and Horse. Clint needs to carry their own personal day back pack. Things like fresh clothand stuff you can leave at the hotel locker before the trek and collect at the end of the trek..12) Complimentary souvenir from Sikkim Holidays.The Package cost does not includesEntrance fee at any sightseeing spotPersonal trekking equipment like clothing and trekking shoes.All personal expenses like telephone, laundry, tips, any extra F & B items, cold drinks and hard drinks which is not mentioned above.Personal insurance.GENERAL CONDITIONSRESERVATION SERVICES
14. Sikkim Holidays will process all ground reservations including accommodations as requested by the Travel Agents. All bookings must be received with thefollowing information to ensure accurate reservation of services.Names of all PassengersNames of children with their agesArrival flight/ train detailsDeparture flight/train detailsPackage requirement ( code/name)VOUCHERS/EXCHANGE ORDERSPlease issue one voucher for all the services required, clearly setting out the services to be provided
15. TAXES All rates quoted in this tariff are inclusive of service charge and government tax. The right is reserved to adjust without notice the hotel rates and transportcharges to reflect the increase or decreasethe amount of taxes payable.RATES AND VALIDITY All FIT rates quoted in this document are in Indian Rupees and are NET and Non Commissionable to you. The rates are valid till 31st Jan 07 unless otherwisespecified. The rates quoted are appliedonly for maximum of 8 passengers traveling together.ROOM CONFIGURATION
16. All rooms provided will be on twin sharing basis except for the third member of the group for which an extra bed will be provided.TRANSPORTAll transports as mentioned will be by aA/C Toyota Innova, Mahindra Scorpio, Mahindra XyloNon A/C Tata Spacio / Mahindra Maxx / Travera.Small cabs alto, wagonR , vanWith a comfortable seating capacity for maximum of 8 passengers. However, if the client requests for an extra vehicle, the same can be provided on anextra cost on a point to point basis.
17. Trekking Equipment DetialsList of Trekking gears Sikkim Holidays will provide.Sleeping bag (Sikkim Holidays )Sleeping bag liner (Sikkim Holidays)Metres 10mm to 12mmDuffel bagWater purification/filter•Cup, bowl, knife, spoonAll other cooking utensils.A – Tent. 5ft x 6ft (Two men)Dining Tent 10ft x 12ftKitchen Tent 8ft x 10ftToilet Tent with CometEnglish & Hindi speaking Mountain Guide with Medical KnowledgeHigh Altitude Trekking cookYak and PortersKitchen HelperTable and ChairsCandle and petro max light.
18. List of Trekking gears for clintDaypack (small sack)Trekking BootsCamp shoes/sneakersSandalsSocks 4 to 6pairsLight wind jacketDown jacketT-shirtsUnderwearTrekking pants or Trek PantsThermal tops (Lux cozy type)Thermal bottom (Lux cozy type)Warm hatSun hat/baseball capLight glovesSunglassesTorch or HeadlampCameraOne litter water bottlesFilmBooksLip balmSunscreenCamp towel/towel/sarong
20. Sikkim Holidays. Food Menu for trekking Bed Tea Break Fast:- Oat Porridge Toast Bread with butter and jam Milk tea/hot chocolate/ coffee Omlate jam,butter,honey,pea nut butter Con flakes with hot milk Chola ,AluPuri Alu/Plain Paratha Boiled egg Lunch :- Pack Lunch Veg/Chess Sandwish Boiled Egg Boiled Potato Cholacate Fruit Fruit Juice Noodles Soup(Wai wai)
21. Evening Tea/coffee with Biscuit and PakoraDinner :-Veg SoupPlain RicePlain Dalmixed vegetableDry papedMushroom SoupMatar PaneerPlain RiceChapatiPlain DalVegetableSweet dish and Fruit
22. Sikkimese Dinner :- Chicken Soup Veg Momo Veg Gathuk/Kauri Sweet dish and FruitChinless & Continental Dinner Veg Soup Veg Momo Chowmine Chicken Curry Sweet dish and Fruit Pasta SpagattiBarap Namgyal BhutiaCEO
23. Sikkim HolidaysTour Trek and ExpeditionOpposite Blue Sky OpticalTibet Road. Sonam Gyatso MargGangtok. East (Sikkim).Pin - 737101www.Sikkim-holidays.comemail -email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.orgMobile - 94340 10330 / 98323 91716Office - 03592 206154, 03592 320095