0
George Chatzopoulos
Visit us at

International Marketplaces:
Rules of survival for a small fish
in a big lake
or how the big fish can help a s...
Visit us at

A21

Global e-commerce sales will top

$1.25 trillion
in 2013
Cross Border Trade in numbers
Year

Revenue

2013
2018

$105B
$307B

Visit us at

Δ%

Customers

Δ%

+200%

94M
130M

+43%...
Global/Cross Border Trade

Visit us at

A21

$144b
21% of Total

GLOBAL VIEW

2012

Growth Rate

12%

$226b
33% of Total

...
Global/Cross Border Trade
GLOBAL VIEW

by 2016

Visit us at

A21

$224b
20% Overall
Growth Rate

12%

$327b
29% Overall

$...
Global Powerhouses

397
MILLION

$83B

Visit us at

A21

$16B

397 million active global consumers
across eBay and Amazon
...
Marketplaces
• Amazon’s revenue
from 3rd party
sellers is higher
than its own shop!!
($16,1b vs $14.5b)
• And the gap is
g...
Visit us at

5 things to watch
for cross border trading

A21
Visit us at

A21
Scale
matters

Visit us at

A21
Logistics: Shipping Fees
€ 1,34
€ 14,00 +

3KG
parcel

Visit us at

A21
Together is Better than Alone
FBA

Visit us at

A21
Visit us at

A21
Visit us at

Know your
market

A21
Visit us at

A21
Visit us at

Differentiate
your brand

A21
Visit us at

A21
Visit us at

Communi
cate

A21
Visit us at

A21
Visit us at

A21
Visit us at

A21
What’s our vision

Visit us at

To empower brands, producers &
retailers to effectively impact consumer
behavior at the la...
What do we do

Visit us at

We connect brands/ retailers to multiple
digital touch-points across several verticals,
throug...
Fragmentation & Complexity
E-Commerce channels over the last decade GMV in £b

Sources of consumer demand are
increasingly...
ShoppingNetwork & ChannelAdvisor
Global Clients

Visit us at

A21
Day in the Life of an E-Commerce Manager

Visit us at

A21
Day in the Life of an E-Commerce Manager

Visit us at

A21
Visit us at

A21
Maximize Online Visibility & Sales

Visit us at

A21
One platform
to control everything

Visit us at

A21
A team to help your business grow
Logistics

Localizati
on
Tax
issues /
Exports

Legal
Services
Brand
Commun
ication
Marke...
A team to help your business grow
Logistics

Pay as
you go

Search
Engines

Localizati
on
Tax
issues /
Exports

Legal
Serv...
Visit us at

A21
Thank you
George Chatzopoulos

www.shoppingnetwork.gr
wesell@shoppingnetwork.gr
International Marketplaces: Rules of survival for a small fish in a big lake
International Marketplaces: Rules of survival for a small fish in a big lake
International Marketplaces: Rules of survival for a small fish in a big lake
International Marketplaces: Rules of survival for a small fish in a big lake
International Marketplaces: Rules of survival for a small fish in a big lake
International Marketplaces: Rules of survival for a small fish in a big lake
International Marketplaces: Rules of survival for a small fish in a big lake
International Marketplaces: Rules of survival for a small fish in a big lake
International Marketplaces: Rules of survival for a small fish in a big lake
International Marketplaces: Rules of survival for a small fish in a big lake
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in...5
×

International Marketplaces: Rules of survival for a small fish in a big lake

156

Published on

or how the big fish can help a small one grow bigger.

Published in: Business, Economy & Finance
0 Comments
1 Like
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

No Downloads
Views
Total Views
156
On Slideshare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
1
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
5
Comments
0
Likes
1
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Transcript of "International Marketplaces: Rules of survival for a small fish in a big lake"

  1. 1. George Chatzopoulos
  2. 2. Visit us at International Marketplaces: Rules of survival for a small fish in a big lake or how the big fish can help a small one grow bigger A21
  3. 3. Visit us at A21 Global e-commerce sales will top $1.25 trillion in 2013
  4. 4. Cross Border Trade in numbers Year Revenue 2013 2018 $105B $307B Visit us at Δ% Customers Δ% +200% 94M 130M +43% x3 A21
  5. 5. Global/Cross Border Trade Visit us at A21 $144b 21% of Total GLOBAL VIEW 2012 Growth Rate 12% $226b 33% of Total $256b 37% of Total Growth Rate 10% Growth Rate 20% $36.8b 5% of Total Growth Rate 17% $21.6b 3% of Total Growth Rate 20% Source: Forrester Research Inc. and eMarketer 6
  6. 6. Global/Cross Border Trade GLOBAL VIEW by 2016 Visit us at A21 $224b 20% Overall Growth Rate 12% $327b 29% Overall $489b 43% Overall Growth Rate 10% Growth Rate 20% $62.4b 5% Overall Growth Rate 17% $44b 4% Overall Growth Rate 20% Source: Forrester Research Inc. and eMarketer 7
  7. 7. Global Powerhouses 397 MILLION $83B Visit us at A21 $16B 397 million active global consumers across eBay and Amazon -Company earnings calls
  8. 8. Marketplaces • Amazon’s revenue from 3rd party sellers is higher than its own shop!! ($16,1b vs $14.5b) • And the gap is getting bigger • Ebay, Rakuten etc. are experiencing a similar trend Amazon Retail Revenues Amazon 3rd Party Sellers Source: ChannelAdvisor Analysis on Amazon Q1-2013 financial results report http://www.amazonstrategies.com/2013/04/amazon-q1-2013-results-seller-highlights-third-party-marketplace-deep-dive.html Amazon Retail Visit us at A21
  9. 9. Visit us at 5 things to watch for cross border trading A21
  10. 10. Visit us at A21
  11. 11. Scale matters Visit us at A21
  12. 12. Logistics: Shipping Fees € 1,34 € 14,00 + 3KG parcel Visit us at A21
  13. 13. Together is Better than Alone
  14. 14. FBA Visit us at A21
  15. 15. Visit us at A21
  16. 16. Visit us at Know your market A21
  17. 17. Visit us at A21
  18. 18. Visit us at Differentiate your brand A21
  19. 19. Visit us at A21
  20. 20. Visit us at Communi cate A21
  21. 21. Visit us at A21
  22. 22. Visit us at A21
  23. 23. Visit us at A21
  24. 24. What’s our vision Visit us at To empower brands, producers & retailers to effectively impact consumer behavior at the last mile of the purchasing process and increase sales A21
  25. 25. What do we do Visit us at We connect brands/ retailers to multiple digital touch-points across several verticals, through a uniquely distinct distribution network to actively promote and sell their products to the right audiences at the right time A21
  26. 26. Fragmentation & Complexity E-Commerce channels over the last decade GMV in £b Sources of consumer demand are increasingly fragmented and complex Source: Public reports from eBay, Amazon, Google, Shopping.com and ChannelAdvisor estimates based on our transactional data. Visit us at A21
  27. 27. ShoppingNetwork & ChannelAdvisor
  28. 28. Global Clients Visit us at A21
  29. 29. Day in the Life of an E-Commerce Manager Visit us at A21
  30. 30. Day in the Life of an E-Commerce Manager Visit us at A21
  31. 31. Visit us at A21
  32. 32. Maximize Online Visibility & Sales Visit us at A21
  33. 33. One platform to control everything Visit us at A21
  34. 34. A team to help your business grow Logistics Localizati on Tax issues / Exports Legal Services Brand Commun ication Market Strategy Returns manage ment
  35. 35. A team to help your business grow Logistics Pay as you go Search Engines Localizati on Tax issues / Exports Legal Services $105B / 94M buyers market Market Strategy Online Markets Managed Service Brand Commun ication Returns manage ment
  36. 36. Visit us at A21 Thank you George Chatzopoulos www.shoppingnetwork.gr wesell@shoppingnetwork.gr
  1. A particular slide catching your eye?

    Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.

×