Nationwide Car Haulers 8 Inspection Tips For Shipping Cars
The following tips will help auto shippers minimize issues that might delay the car hauler in shipping car(s).
1. Provide Set of Keys Make sure to provide a complete set of keys for your car hauler (ignition, trunk and glove box keys). This is also a DOT requirement. In the event a car hauler is questioned, this will keep him in compliance with transport regulations.
2. Removable Components Car phones, many GPS systems, and stereo face plates are removable. Remember to remove these items from your car before shipping.
3. Antennas If you have antennas for your CB, radio or cell phone that can be removed, take them down. When possible, lower retractable antennas to prevent them from breaking off.
4. Spoilers/Fog Lights/Luggage Racks Detach anything that is removable from the exterior of the car. This will help the car hauler when loading/unloading and will prevent damage to your auto accessories.
5. Gas Level A car should only have about ¼ tank of gas when it is being shipped. This reduces the weight of the car hauler on the road and provides added safety.
6. Check Fluid Levels Prepare your car for a change in weather when shipping to a diverse climate. It is a good idea to check antifreeze and other fluid levels before transport.
7. Car Alarms Disable the car alarm prior to shipping. Your car is likely to feel a few bumps along the way, and if the alarm is activated during transport, it could wear down the battery. If a car hauler has to recharge the battery before moving the vehicle, this could cost you additional time and money.
8. A Clean Car Washing your car prior to transport will help you detail the vehicle’s condition for the Pre-Pickup Inspection. To protect you from damage claims, it is important to give the car hauler an accurate assessment of the car’s overall condition, including chips and scratches in the glass.
About ShipCarsNow ShipCarsNow is a subsidiary of Insight Network Logistics and part of Union Pacific Corporation. Formed in 2006, ShipCarsNow was created to provide the used car industry with affordable multimodal auto shipping services. The company brings nationwide transportation resources and technology to the auto remarketing industry as a natural extension of Insight’s logistics and transportation operations for new car distribution. ShipCarsNow.com provides used car shippers (e.g. auto manufacturers, auto auctions, dealers, finance companies, fleet operators, etc.) with a fast and easy way to book affordable vehicle transportation online. For more information, visit www.ShipCarsNow.com or call toll free (866) 207-3360. Nationwide Car Haulers