Distribution and Consumer Value Issues Allan O’Bryant Aflac International
- Evolving Distribution Systems
No. 1 Life Insurer in Japan Policies in Force Aflac = No. 1
Comparison of Premium Income Growth Aflac Industry Source: Japan Institute of Life Insurance (FSA Basis, 3/00=100)
Corporate Agency System Aflac Parent Company Employees of Parent & Affiliated Companies Corporate Agency
Shrinking Worksite Market
- Decrease in number of employees due to corporate restructuring
- Shift in employee preference in buying insurance to outside the worksite
- Need for privacy when discussing insurance needs
Product Broadening New Business in Annualized Premium
Sales by Agency Type Individual Corporate Tie-Up
Surrender and Lapse Rates Life Industry Aflac Source: Japan Institute of Life Insurance (FSA Basis)
Days Required to Pay Claims Less than 2 days on average
Average Premium per Policy
Source: Life Insurance Association of Japan
- Top 9 life insures 154,635
Evolving Distribution Systems
- Call Center & Telemarketing
- Automated Business Writing (e-App)
- Customer comments are registered into an internally shared DB.
- Customer comments are reviewed by Customer Voice Committee and corrective actions are taken.
- Critical issues are shared with appropriate management.
- Support the existing distribution channels when introducing a new approach.
- Must meet customer needs.