Throughout my career, I needed help! How many of you need help? How many of you in your first year of teaching know you will want help quickly and from experienced educators in the field? How many of you would like this quickly while you face problems such as classroom management, communicating with parents effectively, or integrating new technology you were never trained in effectively? Throughout your career you will face many problems and like the Beatles say it is great to get a little help from our friends!
2. FeaturesGeolocation TextingPhoto capturingAugmented RealityVideo recordingNote-taking ScanningAudio recordingwww.schooltechnology.org Photos of elementary students using iPads at schoolto do amazing projects. Photo taken by LexieFlickinger, Flickr, CC 2.0
6. •Students work in smallgroups•One takes a picturewhile others close theireyes for a count of 10•The student showsthem the picture & theytry to find itMobile Hide & SeekiPhone Generation by xcode, Flickr
7. •Group students•They sit down on the ground andobserve the clouds.•Each student in the group takespictures of the clouds & imagines it isan animal, object, etc.•They share the images and imaginings•They take at least 1 idea & the picturesfrom each member and create a storyCloud Stories
9. •Students create ascrapbook of differentspecimens they observe•They write shortdescriptions of themNature Scrapbook
10. Exploring Habitats•Explore an animal’s habitat•Include images of the habitat•Include bookmarkedresearch with an app likePearlTrees, Diigo, Delicious,Popplet•Create a short video with theinformation and images yougathered•Upload to DropBox folderwww.schooltechnology.org Photos of elementary students using iPads at school to doamazing projects. Photo taken by LexieFlickinger, Flickr, CC 2.0
12. •Give students a list ofadjectives•They must find an exampleof each and take a pictureand write a descriptionAdjectives ScavengerHunt
13. •Have students takepictures of graffiti theyconsider art•They should also look forexamples of what they donot consider art•They must explain theirchoicesGraffiti or Art?
14. Write About This IOS Apphttps://itunes.apple.com/us/app/write-about-this-free/id601382666?ls=1&mt=8
16. Evernote App•Organize pictures, websites,notes, videos, audio notes,etc.•Some text in images becomesearchable•Organize by notebooks, tags,categories•Syncs on all devices
17. Platfolio.com to turn EverNote into a website
18. I Know Quiz App IOS
20. Create a Story with CollectedImages•Students have 1minute to quicklycapture an image•Put them ingroups• They create agroup story withthe images•Apps- Animoto orSkqueak
21. Leafsnap.comUse Classification Apps
22. OutdoorstudybreaksSalvatelambiente: leggetesuiPad by paz.ca, Flickr