Join today for a Free Webinar! Teaching with PresentationTools 4pmNYC/8pmUK/10pm Istanbul Bit.ly/ELTLINKshttps://americantesol.adobeconnect.com/terrell Time Difference!!
And it is important we help stimulate their minds during the summer because as teachers we have to motivate them to turn off the TV and explore the world around them. Let’s face it, many of our students will spend a lot of time laying dormant and watching TV.
It’s socialSometimes you need a little help from your friends (cheats)Integrates movement, visuals, multimedia, popular music, graphics and basically is a representation of the world teens and kids want to be immersed inGoal-oriented- Aim to reach the next levelEach more challenging, but achievableMust complete tasksCollect items that help within the journey (learning is all around you)Discover a new world each time you achieve a levelPositive stressFailure part of the journeyTry again till you reach your goal with no penaltiesEvery kid can be a hero as long as they keep tryingVia Paul Maglione, Slidesha.re/pmteenmotivation
http://www.freetech4teachers.com/p/google-tools-tutorials.html and http://www.freetech4teachers.com/p/free-downloads.html#.UU2B4VtAQVh
1. 10+ Google Tools for Teaching ShellyTerrell.com Bit.ly/Gtools
2. If we teachtodays students as we taught yesterdays, we rob them of tomorrow. ~ John Dewey
3. You may be dreading usingtechnology inyour classes!
4. Help is here!
6. "Promise me youll always remember: Youre braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." ~ Christopher Robin to Winnie the Pooh, A.A. MilneIMG_0362 - 2011-11-05 at 18-15-03 by Ritcheyer, Flickr, CC BY-SA 2.0
7. #1 Google Chrome: Browser on the Go
8. Bookmarklet Extension
9. #2 Google Drive •Create pptx, spreadsheets, documents, etc. •Create collaboratively •Acts as a cloud •Organize/Share folders •Free mobile app for all formats •Work offline, saves online
12. #3 Google Presentations •Create pptx or upload one created •Collaborate on a presentation •Group chat •Reverse changes •Free app for all formats •Work offline, saves online •Add comments •Create hotspots •Embed
13. #4 Google Docs •Create document together or upload a Word/Open Office •Collaborate on a document •Group chat •Reverse changes •Work on a mobile device •Work offline, saves online •Add comments •Various privacy options
14. Chat & Edit Collaboratively
15. Privacy Options
16. #5 Google Calendar •Create events •Create alerts •Embed •Alert students and parents •Works on mobile devices
17. #6 Google Forms •Createform to fill out •Embed •Gives chart, graph, etc analytics
18. #7 Google Lesson PlansGoogle.com/enterprise/apps/education/resources/lesson- plans.html
20. Create Profiles
21. Create Circles
22. Add Multiple Users
23. Share a Youtube Video!
24. Hangout Ideas!
25. Let’s Play Games Multiplayer Games by Scottfidd, Flickr