1. The Bourne Supremacy is a 2004 UIP action blockbuster , which was directed by Paul Greengrass and produced by Frank Marshall. DVD release The film starred Matt Damon and poster (below) Julia Stiles. The synopsis of the film was that Jason Bourne is framed for a botched CIA operation. He is forced to take up his former life as a trained assassin to survive. The film generally received goodTheatrical reviews from the critics and therelease poster public and was awarded a overall(above) score of 7.6 out of 10.
2. The target audience for TheBourne Supremacy was 16-34males. the film was mainlybased towards the male genrebecause its more of a mensaction film. There are many different reasons why the audience would be attracted to the film. Some reasons are: •The a-list actor •The mystery behind the film’s plot
3. One of the main reasons for the campaignwas to maximize box office takings on theopening weekend.The campaign included 10 to 70 secondsworth of mini ads that advertised the film.The purpose of the campaign is toattract the target audiencesattention and to interest them intowatching the movie. They do thisby using the main character on theposter with a weapon. This givesthe audience an feeling of what thefilms about and what might happenin the film.
4. Because of the genre of The BourneSupremacy, you can compare any of these films tothe film. Just like the Bourne Supremacyposter, each of these posters contain the maincharacters, a weapon and a setting which give youa small hint of where the film might be set or whatthe film is about.
5. The advertising for theBourne Supremacy wasone of the main reasons forthe films success. Theyused differentmerchandising techniquesto promote the film. Inedition to the movie, theyhad T-Shirts made, Actionfigures, Xbox games, DVDCollections etc.The aim of the advertising was to grossmore than the first film. Universal Studioscame up with many different ways tomake money off of the film. The budgetfor the film was $75 million.The box office grossing from the filmwas $288,500,217.
6. Channels used:•Sky Box Office•Sky Pub Sports•Sky Movies News•ITV•C4•Five•Emap Music Channels•Sy-Fy
7. Statistics show that theBourne Supremacy (thesequel) made more profitthan the first film in thefranchise ‘The BourneIdentity’.The Bourne Supremacybecame the number onefilm on its openingweekend, knocking WillSmith’s Isaac Asimovadaptation I Robot off Statistics for the Bournethe top spot. Supremacy. This is a picture ofTakings were 47% higher the USA Gross History for 2004than the previous film inthe series, the BourneIdentity and competitionattracted more than17,000 entries.
8. Official Trailer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrWTJv0yEyI&feature=relatedTeaser Trailer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmXNYOsJd_A