1. How to add Social Media Icons to your Email Signature<br />By Shari Hardaway<br />
2. Step 1: Where do I find the icons? <br />There are several places where you can locate social media Icons. <br /><ul><li>The easiest way is to copy and paste them from someone else’s signature. Keep in mind, when you do this, the link on the icon may be that of the other person so you need to follow all the steps in this presentation in order to link the icons to your sites.
3. You can also find special icons by Google-ing “free social media icons” and finding some special ones to fit your style. Make sure that you download the windows version if you are using a windows computer.
4. Check with your local Social Media Guru and see if they can email you some Icons.</li></ul>However you go about getting your icons, just be sure that they are saved in you pc somewhere you can find them easily! (the Desktop is always a good place even if it is just temporarily!<br />
5. Step 2:<br /><ul><li> Open your Outlook
6. Select TOOLS
7. Select OPIONS</li></li></ul><li>Step 3:<br /><ul><li> Once in OPTIONS Tab Select Mail Format</li></li></ul><li>Step 4:<br /><ul><li> Under Mail Format, Select the Signatures button</li></li></ul><li>Step 5:<br /><ul><li>Once in the email signature field, Select New or begin to edit the signature that you have already created.
8. Begin to create your email signature with all of the information you would like to see on every email
9. Once you get to where you want your Social Media icons, Select the Insert Picture button.</li></li></ul><li>Step 6:<br /><ul><li> Search for the Icon that you want to insert (hopefully you put it in a place where you could easily find it)
10. Click on it once
11. Select insert</li></li></ul><li>Step 7:<br /><ul><li> The Icon should appear in the place you selected
12. It will have a black box with little dots around it. (This is good)
13. Now select the Add hyperlink button. You will find this button next to the insert picture button. Makes sure you still have the icon selected with the black lines around it when you add the hyperlink.</li></li></ul><li>Step 8:<br /><ul><li> Once you are in the hyperlink form, you want to find the URL of your site which will be located at the top of your screen when you are in you page.
14. Highlight the URL, Right Click on what you have highlighted, Select Copy.
15. Once you have your URL copied, right click on the address field in the insert hyperlink form and select paste. Your URL should appear in the address field.
16. Now Select OK</li></li></ul><li>Quick Tip for Linked In Users:<br />If you are looking for the URL for your Linkedin, you will find it when you go to view profile and look at the bottom of the light blue field that has your picture in it next to the words PUBLIC PROFILE. (hopefully you have added a picture to your UPDATEDLinkedin profile page)<br />
17. Step 9:<br /><ul><li>Once you have your Hyperlink inserted, just repeat steps 5 through 8 for any other icons that you would like to add.
18. When you are done adding Icons, be sure to select Save in order to save your email signature.
19. When you are done saving, you will want to Choose your default settings so that your signature will always appear when you open a new email or when you select reply.
20. Now Select OK</li></li></ul><li>Your All Done!<br />Now When You open your email, your signature should be there waiting for you to type a dynamic message! You will notice that if you hover over your icons, you will see your hyperlink to your various sights appear. If you do not see this, something has gone awry and you should return to steps 1-8.<br />