Docker Compose is a great framework for deploying application stacks, and at Rancher we’ve been working hard to make it possible to leverage that framework to create a catalog of application blueprints that can be repeatably configured and deployed. In this recording of our January online Meetup, we demo the new Catalog feature in Rancher and teach users how to create their own catalog items.
In the meetup we specifically discussed:
- Using the Rancher catalog to configure, deploy and upgrade an application
- Creating a private app catalog linked to a git repo
- Best practices for building catalog templates
- Inserting application configurations into templates
- Testing and provisioning of templates