On October 23rd, 2014, we updated our
By continuing to use LinkedIn’s SlideShare service, you agree to the revised terms, so please take a few minutes to review them.
Top 10 greatest love moviesPresentation Transcript
10. Love & BasketballWhy the panel loved it: a movie aboutthe importance of friendship indeveloping any romantic relationshipwas highlighted in this film. There wasalso very real chemistry betweenSanaaLathan and Omar Epps whodated shortly after filming the movie.
9. Twilight (the series)Why the panel loved it:Twilight the series hasbecome the Romeo andJuliet of the 21st Century.The films have crossedcultural and generationalbarriers and tell the story ofa love that transcendsbackgrounds.
8. Rome & Juliet (modernversion)Why the panel loved it: thismodern version helped youngeraudiences connect with a classic.
7. Pride & Prejudice (modernversion)Why the panel loved it: a classiclove story that reminds us thatlove goes beyond socio-economic background.
6. Love JonesWhy the panel loved it: filmed inthe 90’s Love Jones was one ofthe few African American lovemovies at the time. It allowedBlack audiences around thenation to relate to the charactersand also ushered in a new waveof Black cinema.
5. Pretty WomanWhy the panel loved it: JulietRoberts and her megawatt smilemake you fall in love with hercharacter. You want to cheer forher. The movie shows thateveryone is deserving of love.
4. GhostWhy the panel loved it: creatingthis list would havebeenincomplete without putting thistouching love story on here. Aman so in love with his wife herefuses to crossing into theafterlife.
3. TitanicWhy the panel loved it: themovie not only displayedamazing chemistry whilethrowing a bit of history, it did agood job of showing that lovedoesn’t end at death.
2. P.S. I Love YouWhy the panel loved it: the firstfive minutes of the film grip you,pull you in with the reality thatsometimes spouses die. But, thefilm moves beyond dealing withthe process of grieving by addingan element of romance.
1. The NotebookWhy the panel loved it: to startone word—Ryan Gosling. TheNotebook being loosely based ona true story highlights one of thegreatest calls and challenges inlove and marriage—commitment. The movie showedthat the vows “until death do uspart” are not antiquated.