Crash Course in Social
Spas and Salons
• Why your salon/spa should care about
• Four-point plan to develop your social
• Turn a social media strategy into money
for your spa.
The World is Changing Fast
Change with it!
It won’t wait.
There Will be Winners
Social Media Fuel = People
• 54% of women use social media regularly.
• 29% of these women are 35-54 years old.
• The fastest growing female age group is
Facebook: A Snapshot
• Over 500 million active users.
• 150 million mobile users, who are twice as
active on Facebook.
• 50% log-on their news feed every day.
• Average user has 130 friends.
• We spend 700 billion minutes/month on
Social Media Use
Google is Not the Whole Story
Local Search 1.0
Local Search 2.0
You May Know These Guys
Algorithm Your Friends
• Spa/Salon industry is unique, real people
must deliver the “product”.
• Social media permits you to interact
• You can’t cut hair or give a massage
• There is an important social aspect to the
spa and salon experience.
How to Use Social Media
• Teach with passion, authority, opinions.
• Keep most loyal clients in mind at all
• Maintain interested with consistent posts
that are relevant and valuable.
• Encourage community to share and
spread your social influence.
• Set up a profile (personal) and FaceBook
page for your business.
• Set up a Twitter account for your business.
Build a Network
• Ask 25 friends, family and coworkers
to become fans.
• Join local networks by city.
• Share links and comment.
Listen and Watch
• Follow relevant conversations.
• Sign-up for Google Alerts.
• Add TweetDeck.
Conversations Happening Now…..
About Your Spa and Salon
Decide How you want to be part of that
Remember the Goal
• Generate transactions on your website.
o Book appointments.
o Encourage clients to try new spa/salon
o Purchase Gifts.
Good Content is Critical
• More content = more traffic to website.
• Fresh, time sensitive, event/specials
• Creates sharing opportunities to reach
What Makes Great Content?
• Passion and expertise.
• Clients want to identify with you so
understand their problems and challenges.
• Consistency increases social media
• Keep them interested and encourage them
to share, spread your social influence.
Then Tell 200 Friends
Allow Clients to Share
Spread Social Influence Online
Social Media Events Encourage Sharing
Referral Codes - exclusive specials to readers
o one-time deals, limited offers, request retweets
Common Social Media Mistakes
• See website as static billboard and social
media as place to post unedited information.
o Website is dynamic, changing and must work
with social media to be successful.
• Aggressive Marketing.
o Build community, engage, create trust.
o It is ok to create a call to action but do it wisely.
Checklist for Effectiveness
2-3 times per week.
Specials, insider info, create relationships
Educate, alert followers/friends to your blog.
Listen and communicate with community.
• Spread your influence.
Referrals, GC purchase notifications, retweets.
The Future of Online Marketing
• Broadcast message across multiple mediums.
• Consistent messaging tailored to best clients.
• Content, promotions and connections.
• Use the right tools.
• Seamless integration.
To learn more about our integrated online
marketing suite and special conference
pricing please contact: