Be the first to like this
The “Serre Numérique” is the new place to be for Digital Creation : video games, animation, design, serious games… With its outstanding architectural quality, the “Serre Numérique” building will provide 17,000m² of space available over 2 hectares, exclusively dedicated to the moving images sector.
Developed by the CCI Grand Hainaut and based on the concept of “cross-fertilization”, it will bring together businesses, higher education facilities, research and innovation, all in one place :
• Rubika, its 3 Digital Creation Institutes (Supinfocom, Supinfogame and Institut Supérieur de Design) and their 1,000 students.
• A specific 3,000m² area for businesses (Business Incubator - Business Center…) dedicated to hosting the economic stakeholders of the industry
• A Research and Technology Transfer Center, grouping together video games, serious games and design laboratories
• High-tech equipment : immersive virtual reality area, 3D lecture theater with a seating capacity of 450, motion capture studio, render farm, as well as research equipment and tools dedicated to Educational Science, as well as IT and Communication Science, etc.
• A co-working space and learning center dedicated to Digital Creation
• Recreational spaces (for eating, relaxing…) and event venues.
The “Serre Numérique” is the first building and driving force of the “Rives Créatives” digital business park : 15 hectares dedicated to accommodating companies working in the moving images and ICT sectors, a “Special Urban Area” with exceptional tax release on fiscal and social taxes !
The construction work started in June 2012 and the building is planned to open in September 2014.