4. Main directions of R&D for PPT
1. Production of max power in pulse.
2. Transfer to short pulses duration
5. Main directions of R&D for PPT
It related to R&D of:
 new capacitor and induction energy storages;
 new switches.
New materials: solid, liquid for receiving of max
Superconductors: High Temperature
Inductive energy storage: WM=B2/(2o) = (1-50)J/cm3
Capacitive storage: WE =.o.E2/2 = 0.01-0.08 J/cm3
1st compressing stage
2nd compressing stage
1TW, 100 nsec
10GW, 10 sec
100 GW, 1 sec
10 kW, 10 sec
100 kW, 1 sec
Perspective directions are next:
1. Semiconductor Open Switches- using forming
of plasma in semiconductors, especially in SiC.
2. Vacuum switch with large cross section of
cathode plasma. Reduction of induction of
plasma channel (10-10 Henry).
Main task is low induction of switch channel.
8. Industrial products
Marx generators with pulse duration from 20
ns to till 100 microseconds.
Induction generators with pulse duration from
1 ns to till 1,0 microseconds..
Fast switches ( 5-20 nsec rise time).
High current pulsed switches for converters.
Diagnostics: High voltage probes, current