2. BRAND ! Gille:e is a Procter & Gamble mark, at the moment it is used for security razors and personal care products. ! The brand structures his products basing on the morning shaving ritual. There are three moments: before, during and aSer shaving. ! Gille:e gives great importance to the brand centrality; the logo and the brand name. In fact we ﬁnd the brand name in all the products. ! The packages are designed to answer to the target expecta&ons. We always ﬁnd men’s strong signs, like chroma&sm, frequently in blue and grey, bold and metallic fonts.
3. DISTRIBUTIONS CHANNELS ! GDO ! Perfumery and herbalist’s shops: the selec&ve channel focus on the fragrance extensions, because every man essence has also an aSershave with the same smell. ! Pharmacy: sell par&cular products for people who have speciﬁc problems like irritable skin, allergy, ecc. this products are oSen made with natural ingredients.
4. THE PRICE ! The price changes according to: types of razors, number of razors in the pack or features. ! Mousse, foam and gel are posi&onated in a limited range between 2 and 4 euros. ! ASershaves prices can ﬂuctuate up to 6 – 7 euros
5. BRAND POSITION GAMMA AMPIA GAMMA LIMITATA PREZZO RIDOTTO PREZZO ELEVATO § GILLETTE § BIC § WILKINSON Fonte: Mark Up
6. ! Gille:e is the leader brand in Italy, ahead of Wilkinson and BIC ! Share of the market: ! 54,5% in volume ! 77,8% in value ! First posi&on also for the selling of foams and soaps before and aSer shaving (more than 20% → source: mark-‐up.it) ! Turnover: about € 140 mio. ! The market is facing a decreasing period. The disposable segment is s&ll growing, thanks to the technical innova&on. MARKET 1/2
8. Compe&tors: ! In 1772 Henry Nock founds his steelworks in London. ! In 1804 James Wilkinson inherit the ac&vity giving it his name. ! In 1898 they launch the ﬁrst razor, the “Pall Mall” which sa&sfy the expecta&ons of the consumers for its design and brilliant handliness. ! In 2001 they launch “Xtreme 3” the ﬁrst three bladed disposable razor. ! In 2004 they invented “Four” the ﬁrst four bladed razor.
9. Compe&tors: ! Created in 1945 in France by Marcel Bich, it revolu&onized consumer’s everyday life, introducing innova&ve products such as disposable pencils, lighters and razors. ! It oﬀers a full range of products planned to sa&sfy the consumers requirements, both man and women. ! It’s a big actor in the disposable market. ! In 1975 they launched the ﬁrst disposable Bic razor (the BIC Orange) which is the most sold Bic razor. ! Every day, consumers all over the world, buy more than 11 million Bic razors.
10. Compe&tors -‐ Communica&on ! Both Wilkinson and BIC have increased their marke&ng strategy adap&ng it to the new web standards. ! Both created brilliant viral campaigns which became popular among net users all over the world and generated millions of views.
11. Wilkinson case history 1/4 2007,France, Wilkinson become popular with a 2-‐minute Hollywood-‐like blockbuster trailer in 3D anima&on, posted on selected websites and blogs. They also created a partnership with a radio sta&on and a TV channel. Today it has 5.600.000 visualiza&ons in youtube. FIGHT FOR KISSES h:p://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuSBCIV1zuQ
12. Wilkinson case history 2/4 Beyond the video there is also a facebook applica&on (the ﬁrst in Italy) and a speciﬁc site with the advergame. You have to register on the game site and then you can play choosing to be the Dad or the Baby, ﬁgh&ng for Mom’s aﬀec&on. www.y-‐wilkinson.com
13. Wilkinson case history 3/4 ! The buzz and massive free PR generated by the concept Fight For Kisses were equivalent to 12 &mes the media budget invested on the opera&on. ! Website visitors: 10.900.000 coming from 220 countries (between September 10th and December 12th 2007 / source: Google Analy&cs). ! 400 000 downloads of the advergame. ! 6 millions views of the Trailer on Youtube and dailymo&on. ! 5000 French and interna&onal blogs enhanced the campaign. Free exposi&on on na&onal TV and na&onal and interna&onal radios. ! On the business side, Wilkinson gained 5.4 points of share of market (volume) on the disposable segment and became the new segment leader.
14. Wilkinson case history 4/4 • RASA IL PRATINO Follow in 2011 by • CHIOMETTE PERFETTE Which in four months has reached 11.000 visualiza&ons. 2010, in Italy they uploaded a new video, this &me for female consumers, which today has about 567.600 visualiza&ons.
15. BIC case history April 2011, BIC launch a video on the web. WTF Insane Human Curling by BIC Flex 3 h:p://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlCVE0OG-‐tI ! This video has now about 2.300.000 visualiza&ons. ! Beyond the video they created a game on its youtube channel and a facebook page which has now 7600 likers.
16. Other razors communica&ons ! 2009 Braun launchs a campaign on bus and tram. ! There were two s&ckers posi&oned on the plazorm which separates the carriages; the plazorm move up and down and Braun PocketGo simulated the shaving thanks to the direc&ons change of the vehicle.
17. Unconven&onal Gille:e Campaign 1/3 • 2009 Gille:e did an ambient in a hockey camp with an ice cleaner.
18. ! February 2011, Gille:e placed on a building wall in Soho, New York, a big poster with the face of the Baseball champion, Derek Jeter, Yankees captain. ! The poster was painted every day showing the shaving ritual: the ﬁrst day shabby, the second day with foam, the third day shaved, the ritual repeats every three day. Unconven&onal Gille:e Campaign 2/3
19. ! June 2011, Gille:e created a giant poster of the tennis champion Roger Federer on a football ﬁeld in London using 3.000 liters of green and white ecologic paint . ! Then the 2.800 mq2 portrait was decorated with 1.000 liters of foam then the shave started, ﬁrst with a par&cular lawn mower to remove the foam, then with a big Proglide razor copy for the ﬁnishing. Unconven&onal Gille:e Campaign 3/3 h:p://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynmKBFLmVWM&feature=player_embedded
20. CONTEST HISTORY ! The contest was created in 2008 in order to ﬁnd new young football champions ! Gille:e wants to celebrate skills and values of the Future Champion ! In 2008 this contest was realized with four athletes coming from four diﬀerent sports (Giovinco → Football; Datome → basketball; Bone2 → Volleyball; Belo2 → Swimming) ! Since 2009 the categories were deleted to focus the a:en&on only on football players because of their fame ! During the years the campaign has been more addressed on the unconven&onal media
21. OBJECTIVES ! Reinforce the emo&onal legacy between Gille:e Brand and the young target ! Rise the notoriety of the campaign “Gille:e Future Champion” among the users ! Hold a huge interest of the journalists about the contest ! Try to involve not only experts but also bloggers and inﬂuencers ! Involve guys and the users through unconven&onal media and events that could a:ract the a:en&on
22. TARGET ! STRATEGIC TARGET: Men 18-‐34 wet shavers, seeking high performance grooming products. ! POME (Point of entry users): 15-‐24 year old ! Young adults: 25-‐34 year old ! Increase interest and awareness of Brand Gille:e among the entry users ! Rise the iden&ﬁca&on in par&cular of the POME in the players chosen for the contest ! Push them vo&ng one of the selected players on the website through an holis&c programme/plan that lasts over the whole contest
23. CAMPAIGN 2008 ! Adv television to point out the characters close to the products ! Realiza&on of 4 short viral videos of each player ! Crea&on of 4 MySpace proﬁles in order to increase the intera&on with the target ! Opening of a Facebook group to support the campaign ! Structure used also in other countries for the same contest
24. CAMPAIGN 2009 ! Strong Adv television in associa&on with the new razor ! Penetra&on on Facebook with a speciﬁc group for the contest ! Crea&on of a viral video on Youtube (“Il Monotriangolare”) to exploit the skills of the three players ! Spread of three short viral video (one for each contender) linking thier ac&vity with Gille:e products ! Realiza&on of a advergame on internet and Facebook based on the Monotriangolare idea
25. CAMPAIGN 2010 ! Par&cular focus of the strategy on the web 2.0 with the transforma&on of a normal PR campaign in a digital ini&a&ve ! Contest launch with a web press conference in which were involved 55 italian journalists and bloggers ! Strong ac&vity of media rela&ons on and oﬀ-‐line ! Viral videos with the three players and spread of short videos linked to the Gille:e products like in 2009 ! Crea&on of an advergame put on Facebook and opening of the oﬃcial italian Gille:e (7.088 fan during the ﬁrst two months) ! Awards Ceremony made thourgh a classic press conference followed by 50 partecipants, with Marco Materazzi as special guest, and live updates plus photostreaming on the Facebook page
26. • In Italy smartphone possess between 15 and 24 years old people is ge2ng close to tradi&onal mobile phone possess. Source: Nielsen Mobile Media 2010 (Featured Insight ) Italy has the most smartphone penetra&on between 15 and 24 years old than other Countries Why smartphone app?
27. COSTS/1 Tensile structure 77,5 mq 7.800€15 rental vans 1.050€10 rental table football 500€10 maxi stickers 200€Catering for 100 people 5.000€15 people staff 1.050€TOTAL 15.600€LAUNCH EVENTRental FrecciaRossa hall 3.000€10 people staff 500€Piccinini presence 1.500€Catering for 100 people 5.000€TOTAL 10.000€AWARD CEREMONYApp Smartphone 25.000€30.000 stickers with free Qrcode 4.500€TOTAL 29.500€OTHERSSet 55.000€Rental proiectors + people 40.000€Rental 8 cameras + 8 people 15.000€Post-production 25.000€Director 5.000€Art Director 2.500€Make up artist 1.000€Editor 1.500€TOTAL 145.000€VIDEOCLIP REALIZATION25 metres tall inflatables (6 in total) 15.000€3 rental kiosks 1.200€10 maxi stickers 200€6 people staff 420€66 tickets stadium + benefits 3.300€TOTAL 20.120€EVENT AT THE STADIUMS
28. COSTS/2 Gazzetta dello SportSportMediasetTuttoMercatoWeb 4 days at the end of september and 4 days at the beginning of decemberPLANNING INTERNET BANNERSDay launch and 06/11/1120-21/09/11 for Milan - Udinese and 15-16/10/11 for Atalanta - UdineseDays Costs500.000 Gazzetta dello Sport app downloaded 2 50.000€250.000 SportMediaset app downloaded 2 25.000€TOTAL 75.000€SMARTPHONE BANNERS (ESTIMATES)Costs2 days on Gazzetta dello Sport (50 € for 1000 impressions) 50.530€4 days on SportMediaset (50 € for 1000 impressions) 48.440€8 days on TuttoMercatoWeb (35 € for 1000 impressions) 45.540€TOTAL 144.510€INTERNET BANNERS910.127Unique Contacts per day (Audiweb 2010)505.293242.196162.638
29. TOTAL COSTS Launch event 15.600€Event at the stadium 20.120€Videoclip realization 145.000€Award ceremony 10.000€Internet banners 144.510€Smartphone banners 75.000€Others 29.500€TOTAL 439.730€RESUME
30. CONTACTS/1 Internet site Unique audience month (Audiweb 2010) Banner life Forecast viewersGazzetta dello Sport 298.000 2 days 48.000Sport Mediaset 160.000 4 days 25.000Tutto Mercato Web 210.000 8 days 37.000TOTAL 668.000 14 days 110.000UNIQUE BANNER CONTACTS CORE TARGETInternet site Unique contacts per day (Audiweb 2010) Banner life Forecast ViewersGazzetta dello Sport 505.000 2 days 252.500Sport Mediaset 242.000 4 days 242.000Tutto Mercato Web 162.000 8 days 324.000TOTAL 909.000 14 days 818.500BANNER CONTACTS