On October 23rd, 2014, we updated our
By continuing to use LinkedIn’s SlideShare service, you agree to the revised terms, so please take a few minutes to review them.
Focus Topics [ Candidates ]
Sales Model & Organization
Connected Sales & Marketing
Hiring & Recruiting
Coaching & Training
During our discussion we tentatively
agreed to our next meeting date in
Several participants offered to host
Case Studies – F5 Networks
Hiring & Retention
*Due to time constraints, content
from the “Coaching” and
“Leadership” modules is not
included in this deck and will be
discussed at a future SSL
How do you define World Class
>87% of sales representatives are achieving
>17% year over year increase in sales revenue
>7% year over year improvement in lead
Win/loss performance improvement of >6% year
Source: Aberdeen Group
HOW DOES YOUR SALES TEAM
2013 Inside Sales Top 5 Challenges
Director, Americas Inside Sales
F5 HIRING AND RETENTION
F5 Americas Inside Sales Team
52 Inside Sales Representatives
4 Direct Inside Sales Managers
3 Inside Sales Systems Engineers
10 Reps Departed F5 in Last 3 Years
7 Reps Promoted Within F5 in Last 3 Years
11 Additive Headcount in Last 3 Years
3-4 Week Average Time to Fill Open Positions
• Referrals from Internal F5 Employees
• LinkedIn Searches by Managers
• Shown Prior Interest in F5
• Former Candidates
1. What attracted you to the company?
2. How does past experience relate to success with this position?
3. Brief overview of best job ever and why.
4. What would need to change with current employer to keep you there?
5. What do you expect to be doing in this job?
6. What life goals could you achieve through this position?
7. Where did you rank in last 2 sales positions?
1. What criteria are you using?
2. What could you have done to rank higher?
3. What specifically did you do that put you at (near) the top?
8. What is the minimum OTE that you would expect for an inside sales
• Develop tiers to provide mobility within role
• Create training that advances knowledge
• Offer opportunity to lead/participate in key projects
• Request participation in feedback panels
• Widely communicate “wins”
• Career development effort
• Show true passion for their success
• Treat employees with respect and as professionals
Future Topics – Candidates:
Topic Topic Facilitator
- Metrics, KPIs and Performance Measurement
Sales Management Career Development
- Empowerment & Delegating
- Promoting Reps into Manager/Lead Roles
Connected Sales & Marketing
Coaching & Training Tres Cozine/dotAIN
Tools & Technology for Sales Scott Franklin/Quantum
Incentive Compensation Design
Managing Millennials Cathleen Poissant
Overlay Model – Segmentation For Sales Kirk Johnson/Lenati
Sales Metrics and Comp Structure Michelle McGowan/Adobe
The Changing Role of Sales Aimie Vargas/Zift