CRAZY FOR COCONUT OIL?
• People everywhere rave about the benefits of coconut oil, but is it all
• It naturally contains lauric acid and medium-chain fatty acids that aid in
• It makes a great moisturizer, both inside and outside of your body.
• It can actually help with weight loss and overall health improvement.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF COCONUT OIL
• Studies have shown it may help treat:
Type 1 and 2 Diabetes
• It is usually organic, chemical free, and considered a “raw” food
• One of the healthiest cooking oils (see next slide)
HEALTH BENEFITS CONTINUED
• Healthy fat provides an energy boost to your body
• Contains antimicrobial and antibacterial properties that fight illness
• Very healthy for infants and babies
BEAUTY BENEFITS OF COCONUT OIL
• Promotes scalp health and rids dandruff
• Fights the itch of bug bites and helps them heal faster
• Adds moisture and shine to damaged hair when applied topically
• Naturally fights acne when used as a face moisturizer
• Repairs skin and reduces the appearance of scars
• Safe for sensitive skin
VIRGIN COCONUT OIL VS.
REFINED COCONUT OIL
• Virgin Coconut Oil
• Coconut flavor
• Can be used in cooking and baking up to 350 degrees F.
• Contains full health benefits
• Refined Coconut Oil
• No coconut flavor
• Can be used in cooking and baking up to 425 degrees F.
• More processed, which removes some health benefits
HOW TO USE COCONUT OIL
• Cooking, baking, frying, sautéing, etc.
• Recipes are available at http://www.betterbodyfoods.com/recipes/
• Face masks and scrubs
• Lip balms and homemade lipstick
• Cleaning agent for makeup brushes
BUYING COCONUT OIL
• Look for organic virgin coconut oil for the best results, unless you are
worried about the coconut taste and heat capabilities
• Avoid products that contain additional ingredients such as petroleum
• It should be available in grocery and health food stores with other cooking