What is a TeachMeet?
• A professional development “un-conference”
• Teachers get together to simply share ideas or
lessons using ICT as a tool using different
• About two hours in duration with lots of short
presentations from different people.
How does a TeachMeet work?
• Invitations go out
• Teachers are asked to share ideas in either 3, 5 or 7
minute time-slots (keen beans!) – ideally these are sent
to the organisers ahead of time
• Other teachers who do not want to present can come
and watch to get ideas and learn (enthusiastic lurkers!)
• On the day it is a fun idea to have a “random name
generator” to decide on the order of presenters
• A fun timer ensures people stick to time limits
Sample format of presentation
• Title of presentation
Name, school and class
• The resource I want to talk about is… (website,
project, book, tool etc.)
• I have used it in this way…
• This is how it has made a difference to my
• This is how the resource has been useful to me
• Here are some useful links
This is not the place to sell stuff!
Where to start?
• Present something you learnt about at the
SchoolNet SA conference
• Ask teachers who entered the Microsoft
competition to talk about their Learning Activity
• Ask teachers who use the centre – or who have
shone at training to share ideas
• Get additional presenters via skype
• Vodacom (through SchoolNet) will cover the cost
of the catering for your centre to host a
TeachMeet – IF it is organised to take place by