SlideShare for iOS
by Linkedin Corporation
FREE - On the App Store
Download the file now to know it all about DTN Exchange. ...
Download the file now to know it all about DTN Exchange.
Open for business 24 hours a day, the DTN Exchange® is the industry’s leading fuels ordering and contracting platform — used by sellers and buyers to gain efficiencies and streamline the process. This easy-to-use online transactional system is securely hosted by Schneider Electric.
How does the DTN Exchange work?
• Seller sets terms, inventory, and pricing for authorized buyers
• Price can be set at a fixed level, or can float with Globex or NYMEX index
• Buyers can bid alternative prices for seller consideration
• Seller has option to automatically match deals, or review before approving
• Once a deal is agreed, both parties receive instant notification via email
• A deal represents a contract commitment for specified volume and prices
• Deal types include both short-term (prompts) and long-term (forwards)
• Coming soon — DTN Exchange allocations for customers automatically set in DTN TABS.
Sellers gain competitive advantages
Sellers improve profitability and more effectively manage risk with the
• Set prices that are in sync with the current market realities
• Offer advantaged pricing when market prices are falling
• Provide protected supply for buyers when market prices are rising
• Quickly dispose of surplus inventory at optimum prices
• Efficiently manage special pricing or off-rack offers
• Eliminate guessing on sales forecasts when hedging
It’s easy to make updates and manage rack and forward pricing at a large number of terminals on the DTN Exchange with a few clicks of the mouse. You can even brand a private version of the DTN Exchange to match the look and feel of your corporate Web site to significantly increase web traffic with on-demand access to pricing. Adding a link or menu item to your private Exchange gives buyers a single point of entry through your site — and a smarter, faster way to purchase fuel from you.