What are the three major building blocks that
are digitally transforming the customer
experience? Can you give an example of
Which examples do the authors give of
transforming internal processes through
The article also suggests that digital
strategies can transform corporate business
models. What exactly is a business model
and how can it be improved digitally?
The authors argue that digital transformation
requires strong leadership to drive change.
Which level of leaders are they referring, and
on what do they need to focus?
• What uniquely defines the persona of
• What is different about their customer
• What are the touch points they
frequent, how do they use them, and
with what devices?
• What are their expectations, what do
they value, and how do they define
• How are they influenced, and by
whom? How and whom do they in turn
"Experience is knowledge,
everything else is information"
-- Albert Einstein
• Service economy – value comes from
services embedded in the product
• Pine and Gilmore argued that
differentiation today comes from
• Starbucks, Michelin, Hermès, Apple
• Companies provide “stages”,
managers are “actors”, customers are
Intro Perception Modeling Construction