This presentation is useful for who wants to know about the basics of cloud computing and the various approaches of cloudcomputing.It also explains the various advantages/disadvantages and also the
This presentation is useful for who wants to know about the basics of cloud computing and the various approaches of cloudcomputing.It also explains the various advantages/disadvantages and also the risks of cloudcomputing.
“ Cloud computing is a general term for anything that involves delivering hosted services over the internet.” – Wikipedia
“ Cloud computing is Internet-based computing, whereby shared resources, software, and information are provided to computers and other devices on demand, like the electricity grid.”- Wikipedia
Basically a cloud is a virtualization of resources that manages and maintains itself.
In Simple terms what is Cloud Computing? Cloud computing is using the Internet to access someone else’s software running on someone else’s hardware in someone else’s data centre while paying only for what you use .
A simple example of cloud computing is Yahoo email or Gmail etc. You don’t need a software or a server to use them. All a consumer would need is just an internet connection and you can start sending emails. The server and email management software is all on the cloud ( internet) and is totally managed by the cloud service provider like Yahoo , Google etc.
The consumer gets to use the software alone and enjoy the benefits. The analogy is , ' If you only need milk , would you buy a cow ?' All the users or consumers need is to get the benefits of using the software or hardware of the computer like sending emails etc. Just to get this benefit (milk) why should a consumer buy a (cow) software /hardware ?
In the software-as-a-service cloud model, the vendor supplies the
hardware infrastructure, the software product and interacts withthe
user through a front-end portal.
SaaS is a very broad market.Services can be anything from Web-based email to inventory control and database processing. Because the service provider hosts both the application and the data, the end user is free to use the service from anywhere. There are several successful SaaS model running all over the web.
Cloud infrastructure services or "Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)" delivers computer infrastructure, typically a platform virtualization environment as a service. Rather than purchasing servers, software, data center space or network equipment, clients instead buy those resources as a fully outsourced service.
Examples: Amazon AWS, Joyent, Mosso, Nirvanix ,IBM Blue house, VMWare, Amazon EC2, Microsoft Azure Platform, Sun Parascale and more
Benefits to the clients:
1. Stop worrying about heavy traffic and bandwidth requirements.
2. Pay as you go.
3. No need to buy high configuration servers from day one.
Private Cloud : these services are managed and provided within the organization. There are less restriction on network bandwidth, fewer security exposures and other legal requirements compared to the public Cloud.
Example: HP Data Centers
Types Of Clouds Hybrid Cloud : composition of two or more clouds i.e composition of private and public cloud. Example : ERP on Private Cloud
1.Pay only for what you use, as you use it. This is perhaps the most compelling of any cloud value message. By moving your applications and workloads to a public cloud platform, your IT staff can instantly ratchet your resources up or down, depending on the immediate needs of any particular workload.
2. Reduce data center facility costs. Fewer servers mean a smaller data center footprint. That translates to direct savings on real estate, power, and cooling. It also translates to indirect savings on business continuity and facilities maintenance. Even though these savings extend to the private cloud model, the public cloud model offers small and medium-size businescenter.ses the possibility of eliminating the need for a data
3. Decrease IT management costs via virtualization. Scaling infrastructure to meet new workload demands, maintaining physical security, and software deployment and patching are just a few examples of costly IT management tasks that are decreased significantly by running a virtualized infrastructure.
4. Decrease IT management further with IT as a Service. With private or hosted private clouds, your users will be able to provision many IT services on their own through self-service portals that can take direct action across a virtualized infrastructure. This can mean a significant savings on common help desk calls and other IT management tasks like procurement and server configuration. Specialized staffers are then free to concentrate their talents on tasks specific to your business rather than on general technical problems.