1. Sartika KurnialiAttention: content slightly adjusted for Indonesian people
2. Your social media account is the virtual versionof you.And what you put online:1. Can be reach by almost everyone2. "Always” going to be there3. Can improve or destroy your real life4. Little chance can be undoSo, think hard before hitting the button.
3. So, What’s Up Doc?• The Reality Check• The Rock Stars• The Cheat Sheet
4. Where I Need to Be, Unless I’m “in” or Want to be “in” China or RussiaFacebook Dominates Global Current State of Social Media: TheSocial Network Traffic Big Four Social Media Companies: A Cheat Sheet
5. Now, Have You Googled Yourself Recently?
8. Takeaways• Most rock stars are artists, politicians, and portals• Most rock stars in the end made money using their social mediaSo, can we be a rock star too? Maybe notquite the same, but enough to make makeyou rock.
10. Some people even use false name, somepeople tempted to fake importantinformation, but the best way is just beyourself.Unless... you want to be anonymous orcreate an alternate you.
12. It’s easy to sign up, but be prepared to keepthings running.Update, upload, add, tag, share, likefollow, connect, delete, unfollow, unlike, unfriend, etc.
13. No alay!?3.
14. Alay (or 4L4Y, Anak Layangan or AnakLebay) is a pop culture phenomenon inIndonesia. It is a stereotype describingsomething “tacky” and “cheesy”.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AlayThis one is tricky because if it’s donecorrectly might be entertaining, butoverdoing it might backfire at you. And it’snot for everyone to applied. Mostly worksfor amateur or professional entertainers.
16. Just remember this from the previous slide:What you put online:1. Can be reach by almost everyone2. "Always” going to be there3. Can improve or destroy your real life4. Little chance can be undoSo, stay away from social media when you aregalau (same meaning as feeling empty,restless, anxiety, mellow)!
18. Your followers and peers in social media areyour assets.Good ones or bad ones, any real relation ornot, people associates you with them.Go get the good ones!
19. 6. Make newfriends
20. Don’t be 4L (loe lagi loe lagi)! = Don’t justhangout with the same people that you meetface to face everyday.Connect with long time friends or even youridol, and meet new people with something torelate to.Let’s go back to those time when we type “ASLpls”, but this time do it with elegance. It’s stillpolite to say hi and introduce yourself if youwant to get more conversation!
22. Somehow being an expert or extrovert helpsyou to get more followers.Somehow having more followers means youhave larger influence.Somehow having larger influence means youcan get recognition or monetize it.For me, I still prefer quality over quantity.Partly because I’m an introvert.
24. So many brands use social media to hold quizwith prizes.They are non-organically want more and morefollowers and brand recognition.That means you must agressivelymention, tag, invite, and somehow “e-bully”your friend’s social media to get the prize.Nobody likes a bully, even an e-bully.
26. With so many social media accounts:1. Choose wisely which ones you are really going to use2. Find tools and ways to connect them as it easier to do maintenance
28. Your are still living in the real life, so:1. Don’t get addicted with social media.2. Live your real life. Don’t just stalking others news feed. Its still your life and it’s what happened in real life that gets channeled to your social media.