1. Flickr Case StudyMCM 354<br />Sara Al Uraifi & Jawaher Al Suwaidi<br />
2. What is Flickr?<br />Flickrwas founded in 2004. <br />The founders were Caterina Fake and Stewart Butterfield. <br />Flickr is a web site owned by<br />It offers photo sharing and a host of related services for users of any level beginners to professionals. <br />It is the fastest-growing photo sharing site on the web. <br />
3. What is the business model of Flickr?<br />Not a type of money making plan.<br /> The creators usually launch the website and then try to think of ways to make money. <br />Flickr is known to be a free platform website, the only way to make profit is through advertising. <br />Advertising on websites like Flickr are pay-by-click. <br />
4. On the other hand, Flickr receive profit via other companies who pay them to advertise on their website. <br />Flickr has more than 3 million users.<br />Examples in UAE, the advertisement you may see is of Abu Dhabi Food Control Authority, Clearasil and many more. <br />
7. What is the web-marketing plan of Flickr?<br />Flickr’s mission: <br /> To make sharing photos with friend and family easier by creating profiles and uploading pictures on the website as well as providing applications for iPhone, Blackberry and iPads. <br />
8. Flickr’s goals<br />1. They want to help people make their photos available to the people who matter to them.<br />2. They want to enable new ways of organizing photos and video.<br />
9. How can we advertise in Flickr?<br />In order to be able to advertise on Flickr, advertisers need to reserve their spots through http://adspecs.yahoo.comor by contact Flickr. <br />
11. How to market your brand through Flickr?<br /><ul><li>Use your web site address as your Flickr screen name.
12. Use your Flickr profile to advertise your company, products, services, etc
13. Upload quality photos of your products/services</li></li></ul><li><ul><li>Write appropriate text for each photo, but avoid the hard sell.
14. Find and join appropriate groups and share your photos in those groups.
15. Link prominently from your web site to your Flickrphotostream.
16. Take part in the Flickr community.</li></li></ul><li> Explain online privacy issues that Flickr is involved in?<br /><ul><li>Anyone is able to obtain other users’ pictures.
17. Users may post pictures of others without their permission.</li></li></ul><li>Why was Flickr blocked in the United Arab Emirates?<br />Due to the amount of sex oriented photos hosted by Flickr in respect of the country’s culture and religion. <br />