1. www.businesstrainingmadesimple.co.uk 0207 6085525
part of The Made Simple Group
Market-leading and affordable Social Media and Search Marketing Training
delivered by industry authorities, authors & award-winning trainers
What we’ll cover in this webinar…
1. Practicalities for developing a Marketing Plan
2. Vision / Mission / Strategy
3. SWOT Analysis
4. Competitor Analysis
5. Customer Analysis
6. Tactics – The Marketing Mix
7. Implementation / Action Plans
9. Monitor and Evaluate – Learn and Hone – Test and Measure
Start with the end in Mind
Business objectives –v- Marketing objectives
Where are you heading
Vision - Mission – Strategy - Tactics
1. What is your vision for 3 years hence?
I want to be the leading Cat Groomer in Berkshire by 2017 –
8 salons, 20 expert Cat Groomers .
2. What is your mission?
To achieve a turnover of X with X% profitability by 2017.
3. How are you going to get there?
New marketing campaigns, partner with complimentary
organisations, local radio and pr activity, educational events /
seminars, blog, social media etc.
Where are you now
Review current performance and situation
1. How well are you performing
Financial analysis, competitor analysis, what’s contributing
to success or failure.
2. What needs to change
What’s holding you back?
7. Strengths (internal)
•Great reputation and good image among
•High percentage of market share
•Reputation for quality
•Excellent Service levels
•Effectiveness of communications
•Change of leadership
•Not enough skilled workforce
•Motivation of employees
What is the state of your market?
Vision: To be the go to Cat Groomer in the UK
• The cat grooming sector in the UK is valued at £X.
• This sector is growing at a rate of x% per annum
• There are xx cat grooming salons in Berkshire
• Breakdown of services they typically offer
What does the competition look like?
Who are your main competitors
Who are the customers of your competitors?
What do their customers think of them?
What do they charge?
How do they position themselves in the market?
What’s their USP?
• Website research
• Social media research
• Set up channels to listen to competitors on a regular basis
Who are your customers?
If the customer base you have works – go out and find
more of them. And if you need new customers figure out
who you want to target.
Who are they?
Is there any geographical pattern?
What do they buy from you?
How much do they spend?
What’s the lifetime value of a customer?
How long do they stay with you?
Why do you lose customers?
Are you there only supplier?
How did they find you?
What marketing method works for them?
Build ‘Personas’ – Customer Story Boards
Are there patterns with your customers?
Personas – or Customer Story Boards help you to create
a targeted approach and relevant and purposeful content.
Jennifer. Female vet. Age 37
Married to Nigel (works in the City).
2 small children. Juggling business
and family. Partner in her own
practice with Phil.
Loves the outdoors. Foodie. Good
wine. Reads Pet Weekly and
Nature. Well connected.
Key questions to ask yourself:
• How many different personas do you have?
• What are their names?
• Where do they spend their time?
• ( Eg: Online / Social Networks / Offline networking
meetings / Events etc).
• How old are they?
• Where do they shop?
• How do they spend their leisure time?
• What do they do?
• What do they look like?
13. Customer Story Boards - Jennifer
14. Customer Story Boards - Gina
What problems can you solve for your customers?
What problems / pain do they have?
What solution can you offer them?
How can you compel them to want to choose you over
How can you make their life easier?
How can you make that solution unique?
What’s your USP?
Build your marketing proposition – around customer needs.
The better you understand your market the more targeted
your marketing can be.
Marketing Objectives / Goals
Now you’ve done your analysis – what are you
going to achieve?
•Increase the number of leads to 25 per week within 6
•Convert 20% of leads to new customers
•Increase the average spend from X to X or by X%
•Increase the number of transactions per customer from 2
per annum to 3 per annum within 12 months.
New Business Development
Advocacy / Referral
New Business Development
Mixing your Marketing Mix
Which marketing channels will you choose?
Google Adwords PPC advertising
Social Media Marketing (Facebook, Twitter, LI, YouTube)
Webinars / Google Hangouts
Quarterly seminars / workshops
Radio / TV
Marketing Planning / Action Plans
Budget and Financial Implications:
Consider everything you will need
Materials / resources
Return on Investment – what will success achieve
People / expansion
What you can measure you can manage
Ensure you track activity:
Tracking codes / links
Mail Chimp Analytics
Social Network Analytics
Marketing / Brand Buzz:
PR tracking services
TEST and MEASURE
1) Write down your Goals – What do you want to achieve.
2) Do your analysis
3) Build a picture of your Marketing Positioning
How are you different / what’s your USP
Build personas to target
4) Map out which channels will work for your audiences
5) Work out your marketing messages
6) Build Action Plans for each audience
25. Follow us for hints & tips, current Social Media news and