3. Use the Line-spacing (leading) option<br /> Adjust the letter-spacing (kerning) of titles/headlines<br /> Use wordart and clipart sparingly<br /> Remember that columns and margins are flexible<br /> Keep to 2-3 typefaces per peice<br />Top Tips for Word<br />
6. “The English language becomes ugly and inaccurate because our thoughts are foolish, but the slovenliness of our language makes it easier to think foolish thoughts.” - George Orwell<br />Discussion<br /><ul><li>To what degree is the PowerPoint mentality responsible for the decay of modern society?
7. What was the last good presentation you saw?</li></li></ul><li> See “Power in Your PowerPoint” slides by Dr. Baker<br /> Storyboard the presentation first (postit notes work great)<br /> 10-20-30 Rule (Guy Kawasaki) <br /> 10 minutes<br /> 20 slides<br /> 30pt type<br />Top Tips for PowerPoint<br />
8. <ul><li>No reading assignment
9. Create a PowerPoint presentation (approx. 6-12 slides) for an audience/context that’s relevant to your work.
10. Email me electronic files by next Mon. at noon.
11. Bring printed slides (2/page) for critique. </li></ul>Assignment<br />