2. NEHA CHAURASIA RISHI MALIK MOHIT BUCHA RAHUL GOYAL
3. Company Profile Vision & Mission Sony Business Units Product Marketing Strategy 4P’S of marketing Mix SWOT Analysis Competitors
4. COMPANY PROFILESony is the Japanese company and known all overthe world.Founded - May7, 1946Headquarter- Tokyo Co- Founder – Masaru IbukaFounder- Akio Morita
5. COMPANY PROFILEIn 1947 Company name was TOKYOTSUSHIN KOGYO ( Tokyo TelecommunicationsEngineering Corporation).First Product - First Tape recorder calledType – G.In 1958, company formally adopted SonyCorporation” as its corporate name.Sony is the combination of two words Sonus-Sound & Sonny- Little son.
6. • Electronics: •Audio, Video, Televisions Information and Communications.• Sony Computer Entertainment: •Hardware and related software• Sony Music Entertainment: •Sony Music Entertainment Inc.: Columbia Records, Sony Classical, Sony Discos, Sony Disc Manufacturing, and Sony Music Nashville •Sony Music Entertainment Japan: Sony Records and Epic Records
7. • Sony Pictures Entertainment – • motion picture - production, acquisition and distribution • television – programming, production, acquisition and distribution • home video - acquisition and distribution • television broadcasting • operation of studio facilities• Sony Life Insurance Wheel of Fortune Big Daddy• Other: • Sony Finance International, Inc. • Sony Trading International Corporation • Sony Broadcast Media Co. Ltd. • Other local entertainment businesses in Japan, U.S., and Germany.
8. 1) TO MAKE THIS VISION A REALITY, SONY IS STRIVED TOSTRENGTHEN THE CORE ELECTRONIC BUSINESS.2) BY APPLYING INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES TOPRODUCT DESIGN, PRODUCTION, DISTRIBUTION, ANDSALES. THIS WILL STRENGTHEN THE VALUE OF SONY’SMUSIC, PICTURES, GAME AND FINANCIAL SERVICESBUSINESSES, AS THEY BECOME AVAILABLE OVERNETWORKS.3) SONY IS RELEASING NETWORK-FOCUSED PRODUCTS INFOUR CATEGORIES: DIGITAL TVS AND SET-TOP BOXES,VAIO HOME-USE PCS, PLAYSTATION AND MOBILE DEVICES.
9. 4 P’S of marketing mix PRODUCT PRICE PLACE PROMOTION
10. ProDUCtTELEVISION S AND PROJECTORS Example: Sony Bravia HOME VIDEO AUDIO & HOME THEATER
11. GAMESExample. Playstation CAMERAS Example: Cyber-shot Camera
12. VIDEO CAMERA IT & COMPUTING Example : Vaio
13. ROBOTS Music Playing Robot : ROLLY Dog Shaped Robot : AIBO Humanoid Robot : QRIO OTHER PRODUCTSPortable Device : 45In Entertainment : 41Mobile : 42 ModelsStorage Device : 14
14. • Sony being a company which emphasize product quality, it tends to sell its products with price range from moderately-high to high-prices, depending on the use and the targeted customers.• Example-lets consider Sony series of vaio laptops. Sony has tried to categorize the laptops according to style, user, purpose, mobility and performance, and each a corresponding price. The laptops sold by Sony in India include a series of Sony vaio, this arevaio sr, vaio fw, vaio tokage, vaio cr, vaio nr, vaio tzand vaio sz.
15. PLACESony distributes its products through-1.)Zero-level channel2.)One level channel3.)Two-level channelIn India, Sony has used the method ofOne-level distribution channelManufacturer retailer
16. PROMOTIONAdvertisingPersonal sellingSales promotionDirect marketing and publicityPrint AdsLaunch PartiesEvents :1.Sony India’s Grand Saawariya Starnite2.Invitation to PurchaseFree Gifts on PurchasesSponsoring
18. OPPORTUNITIEST.V Category & Gaming SegmentInvesting Network Initiatives T.V Business expansion International Market MARKETING OPPORTUNITIES IN INDIA Plans To Introduce 6 new regional Language Games. Sony transferring technology for its games from itsLondon studio to India
19. Competitors Competition Global economic Recession Electronic Network Security
20. Strategy and Organization •Continue to focus on communications and home electric appliances, but also content and• services. • Vertically integrated business. • CEO Idei Nobuyuki wants Sony to be wherever people gather (internet). • Product-market strategy: Apply IT to product design, production, distribution, and sales .