Matthew P Lee
6355 Lorca Drive
San Diego, CA 92115
With over ten years of experience planning, designing, and delivering commercial and
corporate web applications, I am a seasoned software engineer with a focus on web-
based application development.
I am most effective in a hands-on leadership role, guiding small-team agile project
groups for both startup and enterprise environments. I thrive in fast-paced, high
productivity settings where I can make an impact as both an architect and developer.
I offer a combination of strong technical acumen, strong written and verbal
communication skills, and strong analytic and project management skills. My core
strength is getting things done on time, as an individual contributor or team leader.
• Web Application design, architecture, and implementation
• Project management, planning, and analysis
• Technical Leadership, team building, and mentoring
• Agile, Test-driven Development methodologies
• User-centered design and user-experience design
• ORM, Data Modeling, MDM, BI, Reporting
• Web 2.0, Social Networks, SEO, Internet marketing
• .NET Framework: C#, ASP.NET 2.x/3.x, Visual Studio.Net 05/08
• SQL Scripting, T-SQL Stored Procedures, SSIS, SQL Server 2005, mysql
• NHibernate, NUnit, Log4net
• Web Service development: REST/SOAP, WS-*,XML processing
• Web Application Security and vulnerability analysis.
• IIS, Windows Server family, in a load-balanced / server farm setting.
• HTML, XHTML, CSS
• Multi-language, platform-agnostic technical skillset with experience across a
broad range of programming languages and operating systems.
Technical Lead - 7/07 - Present
AMN Healthcare Inc.
12400 High Bluff Drive
San Diego, CA 92130
(866) 871-8519 ext. 4165
Primary technical responsibility for multiple major projects across several divisions of a
corporate IT group. Leadership role for architecture, design, and day-to-day supervision
of several software development teams. Provide decision support and consulting for
middle and senior management. Responsibilities range from high-level presentations to
the executive level, to hands-on coding as an individual contributor, to ad-hoc project
Successfully introduced agile project management practices and modern software
engineering practices to a traditional software development environment, including
SCRUM, unit testing, performance testing, automated builds, code generation, ORM,
Project Highlights Include:
• Designed and led a project to build a web-based timecard system for AMN’s
clients. Resulted in direct savings to the company in form of headcount reduction
due to reduced time processing workloads and increased business efficiency.
• Served as project manager for a large-scale implementation Master Data
Management (MDM), Data Warehouse, and Business Intelligence
implementation using SSAS, SSRS, and SQL Server 2008
• Led a major redesign and overhaul of AMN’s client extranet, including web
service integration with ADP using WS-Trust, WS-Fed, and XML digital
• Consolidated numerous redundant codebases into a single suite of re-usable
controls with a full-featured, web-based data management tool.
• Responsible for analysis of team and code quality as part of a due-diligence
effort for the software development team of an acquired company. Responsible
for numerous vendor, tool, process and hardware evaluations.
Senior Software Engineer - 9/05 to 7/07
13915 Danielson St. Suite 200
Poway, CA 92064 - (858) 413-0270
Participated in design, development, and implementation of CaseRev’s flagship web-
based insurance-industry focused workflow management product.
- Led a ground-up redesign and re-development effort of Contact Management
throughout the CaseRev Application. Revamped and replaced existing Contact
Management applet with a dynamic and user-friendly interface. Results improved
usability and performance throughout the CaseRev Application
- Developed a suite of console tools to interact with CaseRev’s data layer and library
code to test and manipulate data within the application without compromising critical
privileged customer data.
- Reverse-engineered large portions of the undocumented source code library.
Performed code profiling and performance audits. Created documentation,
requirements, and mockups for new features and enhancements.
Team Lead / Senior Web Developer - 9/03 to 9/05
BakBone Software, Inc
10145 Pacific Heights Boulevard
San Diego, CA 92121 - 858-450-9009
Responsible for all web-based software for Enterprise Backup & Recovery ISV.
Managed onsite and offshore web development team. Key role coordinating with all
levels of global organization.
- Product Configuration and Quoting System
o Tool to allow resellers and sales personnel to correctly configure and quote a
wide range of backup and recovery software products.
o Enforced complex licensing rules and product dependencies while making
the experience simple for the end user.
- Purchase Order and Licensing Systems
o Designed solution to automate data entry from web site to legacy licensing
systems. Replaced manual, paper-based process.
o Responsible for all business analysis and software engineering.
o Worked heavily with remote Japanese office, UK office, and outsourcing
partners in Chennai, India. Worked closely with Sales, Order Administration,
and Product Management staff.
o Employed Web Services to allow for submissions from OEM / partner
sources and to create mobile / desktop clients.
o Created and deployed OEM key generators for partners Yahoo! and Snap
- BMS (Binary Management System)
o Mission-critical build management system for engineering and product
managers. ASP/VB/SQL Server 2000
o Automated software release process, which turned a multi-step, multi-person
manual process into single push-button deployment
- NED (NetVault Error Database)
o Knowledgebase of error messages in the NetVault product. Full-text search
and retrieval of error codes, messages, and descriptions using Microsoft SQL
Server 2000 fulltext index service.
o Administration tools with access control, data entry, data export. Command
line data import tool allows for input directly from the NetVault product.
- Channel Advantage Leads Registration System
o System to allow VAR’s to register and renew sales leads so as to protect
deals and margins, and reduce channel conflict. VAR can register, review,
and renew their leads. Automatic notification upon lead expiration, approval,
renewal. Account Managers and inside sales can manage, approve and
decline leads in their territory.
o Highly successful project, replaced excel-based solution.
o Facilitated distribution relationships with Arrow Electronics, CDW, Dell,
Promark, and Bell Micro.
- Web Site
o Responsible for overall management of public web site
o Built a full-featured CMS to allow for easy management of site.
o Provided Consulting and decision support for all aspects of Corporate Web
- Corporate Intranet
o CRM – Web integration using SalesForce.com sforce API
o Attended SalesForce.com system administrator training.
Senior Web Developer - 9/01 to 9/03
Avencom, Inc (acquired by Red Door Interactive, Inc)
837 G Street San Diego CA 92101 - 619-230-2041
Integral member of growing Web Development agency.
Key roles in sales, software design & development, graphic design.
Close client contact throughout design and production process.
• Buck Knives – http://www.buckknives.com/
o Involved in nearly every step of the process from initial sales meetings to
the final launch of a custom ecommerce system using PHP and mySQL
• Del Mar Fairgrounds – http://www.delmarfair.com/
o Personally developed nearly the entire site including a re-usable multi-
module CMS in PHP using MySQL on Linux
• Northrop Grumman / US Navy
o User Interface mockups and web site development.
Performed key role in defining project scope and deliverables.
• SANDAG – http://www.sandag.org/
o Key developer role – ASP/VB/SQL Server 2000
Web Developer / Programmer - 9/00 to 9/01
6827 Nancy Ridge Road San Diego CA 92121 - 858-362-2028
Web Developer for biotech startup.
Biology Research Product Catalog
o Designed and implemented web-based catalogue biological stocks used by
research labs using PHP, MySQL on Linux
o Automatically created printable technical datasheets for each product.
Corporate Web Site
o Responsible for all production, design, and implementation including a CMS.