On October 23rd, 2014, we updated our
By continuing to use LinkedIn’s SlideShare service, you agree to the revised terms, so please take a few minutes to review them.
SHRINIWAS “SHRI” KULKARNI
910 E Lemon St. #28 Tel: (480) 252-1776
Tempe AZ 85281 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
An experienced and goal oriented software engineer with proven skills in delivering quality software.
Specialized in developing multi-faceted enterprise software products using object oriented design and
methodologies. Motivated self starter with good analytical and interpersonal skills with awareness of
business requirements, standards and ethics.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
4+ years of software development experience with the ability to be actively involved in the
inception, specification, design, prototyping, unit development, integration, testing or delivery of
software products and services.
Strong academic background with Graduate degree in Computer Science and Undergraduate
degree in Computer Engineering.
Expertise in object oriented software design and development with advanced knowledge of C++
and Java programming language on major deployment platforms.
Sound comprehension of service oriented architecture, code reusability and code versioning,
configuration management, build and release engineering.
Demonstrated abilities in writing web, hand-held device and desktop software applications or
In depth understanding of software systems, security, computer networks and protocols with their
applicability to enterprise and business systems, applications and tools.
Languages C, C++, Java, VB, UNIX shell scripts, C#, Perl, Python
Operating Systems and Windows, *nix, Java, Mobile OS es (Windows Mobile, Palm, Symbian),
Platforms Windows SDK, .Net Framework
JSTL, Apache server tools, Search Engine Optimization VB Script, VB .NET,
ASP.NET, PHP, Flash, Dreamweaver, CSS, Web Design tools.
Databases RDBMS- SQL, (PostGreSQL, Informix, Oracle, MS SQL and Access)
Networks Wireless network driver (Mad Wifi), Socket programming, TCP/IP
Computer Tools and Unix utilities and build tools, Network and database administration, Project
administration Tracking and code versioning tools, Software design tools, Web and mail
server administration, Security Tools Mobile device programming tools.
Telesoft Corporation, Phoenix, AZ
Software Engineer April 2007 - Present
Designing and developing framework and enterprise applications for a web based small business ERP
system. Back end development in Java, Apache, Ofbiz, PostGres SQL and open source Operating
Jasper Reports and Apache web server. Also developing suite for Content management, E-commerce,
web analytics and search engine optimization for the same product.
Persistent Systems Ltd - Good Technology ODC, Pune, India & Santa Clara, CA
Mobile Software Developer July 2005 – December 2006
Worked on developing, improving and maintaining enterprise software products by Motorola Good
Technology Inc. Santa Clara, CA including its award winning mobile e-mail, intranet and business
products. Programmed in C++ and various mobile phone OS SDKs for features, enhancement and
porting (Specialized in Development handheld devices with Windows Mobile and Palm OS )
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (PART-TIME)
Student Research Associate at Arizona State University, AZ. January 2007 – December
Graduate Student research to design, analyze and build a Military system for video transmission over
802.11 Wireless networks in the ad-hoc mode. Work involves improving video quality and network
performance by using novel techniques and ideas in wireless communications and multimedia systems.
Programming in C, C++, simulators, video codecs and networking.
Student Web Developer at Arizona State University, AZ. January 2007 – April 2007
Worked as a student web developer to build and maintain web applications and websites for the
University. Built the UI and logic for University admission application in HTML and JSP.
Project Trainee at BMC Software Inc. , Pune, India. July 2004 – April
Led a team of trainees to successfully design and develop remote OS detection tool. Methods to be
used include ICMP, TCP/IP programming, Packet Sniffing and packet heuristics. Programmed the actual
Windows application using MFC (VC++) along with Remote Registry and WMI.
Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ, USA (Fall 2008)
M.S. in Computer Science
Cumulative GPA : 4.0
Thesis – Streaming over Wireless Ad Hoc Networks - Opportunistic
University of Pune, India (MES College Of Engineering)
Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) in Computers (May 2005)
Aggregate Score: 72 %. Equivalent GPA: 3.9
Project – Remote Operating System detection techniques
Operating Systems, Operating Systems Internals – Windows and Linux
Graduate and Senior
Kernel, Advanced Computer Architecture, Distributed & Multiprocessor
Operating Systems, Basic and Adv. Computer Networks, Network
Security, Advanced Computer Networks, Design and Analysis of
Algorithms, Theory of Computation, Compiler Construction, Applied
Cryptography, Multimedia Techniques, Data Communication, Object
Oriented and Software Design
PROJECTS (DETAILS PROVIDED AS ATTACHMENT)
Live Projects –
• ERP system on the Web – for medium and small business
(Industry Projects) • Content Management System and E-commerce suite for wholesale
distributors and small businesses
• Mobile Enterprise Platform – Email, Calendar, Notes, etc.- Feature
development and design (Windows Mobile, Palm, Symbian OS)
• Mobile Web Services and Web Apps on Windows Mobile - Feature
development (Windows Mobile and NT Server platforms)
• Video streaming over wireless mobile ad-hoc networks (System
• Remote OS Detection using TCP/IP Stack trace and packet heuristics
(Networking Tool for Windows Platform)
• Windows Tool for remote resource profiling
• Approximation (Genetic and Tabu search) Algorithm implementation
for set cover problems
• Resource Lock Server for Distributed Systems (in C)
Training and Curricular
Projects • Efficient FA minimization (Hopcroft’s) algorithm Java implementation
• Overlay Network - Simulator and Analyzer in Java
• Network Security Project - Secure web server, DNS and firewall
• Applied Cryptography Projects – SSL, Certificates, RSA
• Linux Kernel Programming – File System Buffer optimization
• Flex-FS: A user-space File System in Windows using C++
• Client – Server Application: Automatic Remote Logging – VC++
• MICROMOUSE: A Maze Solving Robot – Assembly Language
• Computer Hardware Shop – Database Application VB – Oracle
• Topped the C++ Training Program for fresh graduates at Persistent
• Won many Prizes and Awards at Technical and General Knowledge
Quiz Competitions at many Quiz and technical symposia Events.
(similar to College Bowl)
• High School Level Trivia Quiz (by Times of India Newspapers)
Champion in 1998 and 1999 (similar to High School Bowl)
• Won prize in college level programming contest in Pune.
• Windows DLLs – Operating System Internals Class Paper
• Rate Control in Opportunistic Routing – MS Thesis
• Future Memory and Processor Technologies - Seminar presentation
REFERENCES (CONTACT DETAILS AVAILABLE ON REQUEST)
• Mr. Lawrence Nakamura
Senior Business Analyst – Telesoft Corporation Phoenix, AZ
• Mr. Navin Dabhi
Senior Software Engineer Good Technology, Santa Clara, CA
• Prof. Dr. Donald Miller
Associate Professor – Arizona State University, Tempe AZ
• Prof. Dr. Arunabha Sen
Associate Professor – Arizona State University, Tempe AZ
• Mr. Mandar Natekar
Senior Technical Manager – Persistent Systems Ltd., Pune, India
• Prof. Ms. Vijayalaxmi
Senior Mathematics Professor MESCOE University of Pune. India
• Volunteer at IEEE INFOCOM 2008 and other IEEE events
• Student coordinator for organizing events for Indian Student
Association at ASU
• Conducted several Quiz competitions at Pune university
• Member of CSI Pune chapter
• Active member of Boat Club Quiz Club Pune (www.bcqc.org)
• Environmental Action Volunteer – for Environment Arizona and Pune