M.S. Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK
B.S. Coimbatore Institute of Technology, India
Operating Systems: UNIX, AIX, Red Hat Linux 7.0, Windows XP/2000/2003/NT4.0/98/95,
Windows CE, Palm OS, MS DOS 6.22
Languages: Java 5/6, J2EE, EJB, JSP, Struts, Hibernate, Swing, AJAX, Actuate
Basic, PERL, PL/SQL, T-SQL, Visual Basic 6.0/5.0, C, Visual C++
6.0, C++, embedded VC++ 3.0, embedded VB 3.0, Portal, Visual
Studio C# 2008 Express Edition.
RDBMS: Oracle 7.3/8i/9i/10g/11i, MS SQL Server 2000/2005, DB2, Teradata,
Web Technologies: WebSphere 5.1/6.0 DataPowerSOA, Weblogic 61sp3, 61sp4, 81sp2,
Tomcat 5/6, HTML/DHTML, XML, SOAP, WSDL, X12, WMQ,
Design & Development Tools: Actuate e-reporting suite 7.0/6.0Fix10,13/5.x, SQL Enterprise
Manager 2000/2005, TOAD/Benthic/SQL Developer2000, Oracle
Developer2000/Designer2000, CodeWarrior Development Tool,
Visual Basic, Crystal Reports 2/10/11, Franklin C, Callidus Truecomp
3.7.1, HTML, FrontPage, Rational Software Application,
PowerBuilder, NETBACKUP6.0., Vantive, Flsh CS3 Pro.
Java Developer with over 9 years of IT experience including:
• Experience with various Java technologies including: J2EE, JSP, Struts, JDBC , Hibernate, Spring,
• Hands-on experience with Apache Tomcat, Websphere, Weblogic, SOAP, UML including state
diagrams and OOAD.
• Full SDLC experience including specifications, design, coding, testing and launching the software.
• Well-versed in designing with Clustered Windows Servers.
• Experience working in hybrid Windows, Unix, and Linux environments.
• Experience with Oracle 9i/10g/11i, SQL Server 2000/2005, DB2, Teradata and knowledge of
Sybase on the backend.
Producer’s and Writer’s Guild of America, Pension & Health Fund, Burbank, CA8/2007 – Present
Java Lead Developer/Architect (Fulltime)
I am working on Enterprise Document Generation System as a team lead of 7. My
primary role is designing the database and application for the project and implementing the same. I am
currently using Windows 2003 platform and previously have worked on Unix and Linux platforms. We
have testing and production servers and I have set the SQL server 2005 database and also the
application environment including the installation of Tomcat server 5.5, deploying war files and starting/
stopping tomcat server.
• Designing and developing Enterprise Document Generation for the Pension Statements and
• We automized the Pension Application forms by merging the extracts with the templates designed
and the resultant word merge file is automatically sent to the required printer/mailed to the particular
participant through Documentum.
• FTP transfer is used in moving the files to ASI for external full month printing.
• The project involved database design in SQL server. Tomcat is used as the web server for deploying
and hosting the Java applications. Setting PATH, JAVA_HOME, Installing Java 2 SDK, Starting
and Stopping TomCat Services for deployment process.
• We are using Documentum Server for document storage and using the product V3 for document
extract creation and viewing
Development Tools: Java 5/6, Eclipse 3.3, Tomcat 4/5/6, SQL Server 2000/2005, Documentum 5,
BCLEasyPDFSDK, Windows Server 2003/XP, Microsoft Office, Visual Studio
C# 2008 .Net Express Edition,Perl.
Philips Medical, Seattle, WA 3/2007 – 7/2007
The application system is a Medical Reporting System. The data comes through ETL to
Oracle 9i by pipeline unix scripts everyday. The Java Application extracts the data and displays in the
UI as a report for the Medical department to print and have it in their records. The project that I worked
on is the enhancement for the year 2007 as requested by the end users for the system.
• Writing embedded CSS Style Sheets (.html) files.
• Developing eSpreadSheet/Servlet with projects in XML, XSTL, and AJAX.
• Deploying the eReports on a JBoss server.
• Using 10G Oracle System Administration - adding users and printers.
• Familiar with all Unix commands like ps, ls –l, mkdir, rmdir, find, grep, mv, cp, pwd, writing shell
scripts, vi editor, linux configuration of DNS, POP3, and ipaddress routers.
• Wrote PHP server side dynamic HTML scripts using MYSQL as database.
• Configuring Active Directory on Windows 2003 systems – Setting up users/emails.
• Used AJAX for Java Asynchronous Programming.
Development Tools: JDK 1.3, Apache Tomcat, Oracle WebCenter10g, Perl 5, VSS, AIX, X12, WTX,
EJB 3.0, JBoss, Spring, iBATIS, PHP4,Hibernate, X12, WTX, WMQ,Ajax.
American President Lines Logistics, Oakland, CA 5/2005 – 2/2007
Java Developer & Team Lead (Contract)
The end user application is the Global Freight Forwarding(GFF) System.
It’s a very high traffic system involving around 500 users scattered over the world. The application
includes Shipment Tracking and Cost Management. The project that I worked on includes the
Estimation of Shipment and Trucking cost for the GFF customers. The application developed includes
EDI and ETL transferring Shipment data from DB2 to Oracle tables. The part that I developed includes
the UI in J2EE platform with Struts 1.3.1 framework and JSP pages. The JSP pages get the user input for
cost estimate for a Shipment on a Container or Quantity basis. Upon approval of this estimate the system
generates a Purchase Order for the Manager of that particular GFF office to be signed of and dispatch
the check. I have also developed HTML contribution reports/office.
• Production Support for Europe, Asia, and US for web applications.
• Writing Functional and Technical Specifications for the APL logistics application. Coordinating and
Integrating software with Offshore team in India. Maintenance and testing of existing application.
Provided New enhancements for the users. Used SnagIt/UML/RSA tools for creating screenshots
and flow diagrams.
• Developed Web Application Interface for Shipment Tracking, Destination Shipment Services and
Cost Management System.
• The application is developed using Enterprise Application Project (EAR) file using WebSphere 5.1
Test Environment and Java J2EE 1.3 version.
• We used Model View Controller architecture – Developed Struts-config.xml file for defining the
form and actions on the screen. JSP pages with the functions written on js files. Business Logic bean
files (.java) are written to execute the requirements from customer.
• Used JDBC:ODBC connections for Oracle and DB2, resultsets, select/insert/update/delete SQLs.
• Using IBM RSA tool for Clearcase Version control and Code Development and Deployment. The
deployment was done using an user interface which includes selecting the .EAR file, setting up the
JDBC drivers on the WebSphere server and also stopping and starting the Application Server in QA
• Used WSDL stubs from PCTB web interface to get Ocean rates.
• The application also called Servlets from IBM Mainframe interface for accessing DB2 COBOL
• Overridden doget(), doput() functions on Servlet.
• Wrote Java Classes and knowledge of hashmap and hashtables.
• Used Reflection to run Mainframe Jobs.
• Used Java APIs using Eclipse and Ant.
• Conversion of the existing WebSphere Application into Portal environment using JSR168.
• Deployed the application in IBM WebSphere Portal Server on integration and stage environment.
• Updating Ant Scripts for deployment on a WebSphere Server.
Development Tools:Java/J2EE, JSP, Struts 2.x, JSF, JDBC, Websphere 5.1, MVC, UML,
AIX, Oracle 8i, PL/SQL, Agile, X12, WTX.
Sprint World Headquarters, Overland Park, KS 7/2004 – 5/2005
Senior Consultant – Software Engineer (Contract)
Played an active 24/7 support role on a PCS Commissions system.
• Bulding using Apache Ant version 1.5.1 and executing Oracle queries.
• Used multiple targets on the .xml file.
• Created clusters on Windows 2003 systems and also actuate clustering of windows servers.
• Used NETBACKUP 6.0 for Windows Servers.
• Worked with Weblogic 61sp3, 61sp4, 81sp2 patches on webportal and active portal services (SUN),
wrote unix scripts, Java on AIX. Modified the startup scripts of the weblogic 61sp4 Java options to
improve the chart server performance.
• Wrote Java code using SOAP programming with Actuate 6.
• Archival of .roi files to .pdf format using .NET programming.
• Used Visual Basic .NET for SOAP programming with Actuate Volume.
• Coverted .roi to pdf reports using VB.net and ASP.net
• Used Perl Programming/CGI scripts. Used Emacs editor for executing Perl scripts. #!/usr/bin/perl,
• Executed block statements, while, if…else , used scalar variables, arrays and hashmaps.
• DBI for Perl Database Connectivity to Oracle. Used dbh->connect, disconnect, my $sql.
Development Tools: Java, SOAP, Weblogic, Oracle 9i/8i, Windows 2000/Windows NT 4.0/Windows
2003, AIX, Unix/Sun Solaris 5.0, ASP.net, VB.net, Sybase, Callidus Truecomp
Techtrol, Inc., Pawnee, OK 5/2002 – 7/2004
Junior Java Programmer (Fulltime)
Played a technical leader role in designing specifications, algorithmic and
analytic calculations, dataflow diagrams for the specification, design and development of ecommerce
• Developed database with different criteria’s for Shipping, Invoice, Products, Purchases, Sales - using
SQL Enterprise Manager – Relational Database Management System.
• Writing dynamic queries – opening Database Connection, defining cursor and binding columns,
using Query Analyzer.
• Database development using Oracle, MS-SQL, MS-Access (ODBC connection)– creation and
maintenance of tables, writing functions, stored procedures, triggers, setting security features on
database level. Drawing Entity Relationship for tables – assigning primary key, foreign key, indexes
for the tables.
• Loading the report design in JSP pages .
• Knowledge about Java SDK 1.2/2 – rmi Compilers, skeleton/stub Interface, using wait, notify,
• J2EE environment – JDBC connectivity to remote server, using JSP pages.
• Worked with creating views, synonyms, joins, format, …
• Gather Information from different branches – from different types of data source – RDBMS,
FlatFiles, setting datalevel security features.
• Knowledge of AFC Abstract Classes, Inheritance. Knowledge about CGI, channels, Requester API.
Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK 1/2001 – 3/2002
Research Assistant (Parttime)
• Web Design using Microsoft FrontPage, DreamViewer, HTML, XML programming.
• Image Processing using core java for developing objects. This project takes the pixels of an image
and does manipulation to produce a more enhanced image with removing red spots, making the
image brighter(Histogram Equalization). Images used for testing are JPEG, BMP, GIF images. The
application is useful for other types of images also.
• Linux Installation, DNS Registration, TCP/IP Configuration of Telecom Lab Network. Configured
Cisco Routers. Configured 802.11 Gigabit Ethernet routers with DHCP, DNS for local area network
and internet access using ISP. Creating subnets. Interconnecting networks through 2 Ethernet routers
and exchanging data between them. The server is Linux Red Hat 7.0. Created ATM networks.
Sonata Software Limited, India 3/1999 – 8/2000
Software Engineer (Fulltime)
User Interface project for SmithKline-USA – Creation and Maintenance of
Database for HealthCare purposes – Prescription, Patient-Care System, Doctors Portfolio. Details stored
in Oracle database and pulled up for end user with PowerBuilder as GUI. Triggers written on the
modification of these tables – calculations. Packages including stored procedures and functions for
different tables – wrote 1000s of packages executed during runtime.
• Worked on Oracle Database Administration – Creating Backups.
• Responsible for PL/SQL Programming, ProC programming, creating tables and validating with
PL/SQL triggers and stored procedures on insertion/deletion/modification of data. Oracle database
development. Creating specifications, making ERP on table structures, writing logics, coding, unit
and integrated testing.
• Developed Visual Basic Forms for local client with Security features incorporated. Developed
Crystal Reports for local client. Visual Basic/PowerBuilder coding and development. Java SDK
development, ASP programming.
• Sun Certified Java Programmer.
Development Tools: Java, Oracle 7.3, SQL Server 7, Sybase, Windows 98/2000, VB 5.0, Crystal
Reports, PL/SQL, Pro*C, PowerBuilder, C, C++.
Jack Reilly email@example.com
Nikita Patel firstname.lastname@example.org