Installing the Citrix Client
Author: Mark Grace, IT Infrastructure Management
Following these instructions will allow you to access BTMG applications published via the Citrix client.
• A PC running Windows 2000 or later, an Intel-based Macintosh running Mac OS X Version
10.4 or a PowerPC-based Macintosh running Mac OS X 10.3 or later.
• Internet connection. A VPN tunnel established with Brown and Toland network is required for
This document assumes that the required accounts (PPS/AD, etc) have already been created.
For PC installation, proceed to page 3.
For Macintosh installation, proceed to page 9.
Page 2 of 16
Windows PC Setup
1. Open Internet Explorer, browse to https://citrixsf.brownandtoland.com. The following page will be
2. Login using the BTMG provided username and password. The following screen will be displayed:
Page 3 of 16
3. Select Detect Clients. You will be presented with the following screen:
4. Select Download. After a moment, the following dialog box will appear:
5. Select Run.
Page 4 of 16
6. The following screen may be displayed. If it does appear, select Run.
7. After a few moments the following screen will appear When it does, select Next :
Page 5 of 16
8. Select I accept the license agreement, and click Next.
9. At the next screen, click Next.
Page 6 of 16
10. The client will install.
11. When finished, the following screen will display. Select finish.
Page 7 of 16
12. At this point, return to the browser window. The following window will be displayed. If the above
install completed successfully, select Successful.
13. You will be redirected to the application selection window. At this point you may use your Citrix
Page 8 of 16
1. Open Safari and browse to https://citrixsf.brownandtoland.com. The following page will be
2. Login using the BTMG provided username and password. The application selection screen will
Page 9 of 16
3. Click on the client detect icon, pictured below.
4. Select Detect Clients.
5. Click Download.
Page 10 of 16
6. You may see the following window. If so, click Continue.
7. The install may start automatically. If it does not, click on the Citrix ICA Client icon.
Page 11 of 16
8. The following window will appear. Select Continue.
9. Select Continue.
Page 12 of 16
12. Select Install.
13. Enter your OS X password and click on OK.
Page 14 of 16
14. Select Close. The client install is complete.
15. If the follow window is still open, you may close it.
Page 15 of 16
14. At this point, return to the Safari browser window. The following window will be displayed. If the
above install completed successfully, select Successful.
16. You will be redirected to the application selection window. At this point you may use your Citrix
17. If desired, you may remove the Citrix install file from the desktop. You may need to eject the
MacICA_OSX image in Finder, before deleting.
Page 16 of 16