1. Sameer Kumar TelikicherlaDepartment Of Computer Science & EngineeringKrishna Murthy Institute Of Tech & EnggHyderabad,Andhra Pradesh, IndiaEmail: email@example.comENTER EXIT
2. It is a new age design for man-machine communication. It is used to design real time video animation,mechanical design and simulation. It is a standard input device for interactive motion control of 3D graphic objects. Allows control of 6 degrees of freedom-translation rotation.
3. It senses your motion and your clicks and sends them to the computer to respond appropriately. It detects motion in the X and Y plane and acts as a 2-d controller. A general mouse is not well suited for people to use in a 3-D graphics environment.
4. The ball inside the mouse touches the desktop and rolls when the mouse moves.
5. Two rollers inside the mouse touch the ball.They are oriented in such a way that detect motion in X and Y direction.
6. The two rollers are connected to anencoding disk that contains holes in it. The disk has 36 holes around its outer edge.
7. The holes in the disk break the beam of lightcoming from the LED so that infrared sensor sees pulses of light.
8. The Chip reads the pulses from the infraredsensors and turns them into binary data that computers can understand.
9. In the late 1970’s, the DLR(German AerospaceResearch Organisation) Deutsches Zenturum Far LuftUnd Raumfaurt started research in robotics and ondevices with six degrees of freedom for controllingrobot grippers in cartesian space.The device is based on the technology to control thefirst robot in space.The basic principle behind it construction is“MECHATRONICS ENGINEERING”
10. It is the applications of latest techniques in mechanical,electronic and computer control systems to design improved products and processess. Using Modem Cost effective technology to improve product performance and flexibility. It is Widely used in Instrumentation,Manufacturing methods,Computer integration and Control. A typical mechatronic system picks up signals, processess them and generates forces and motion as an output. Mechanical systems are integrated with SENSORS(to know where things are), MICRO PROCESSOR(to work out what to do), CONTROLLERS (to perform the required actions).
11. Design of Data collection,Instrumentation and computerized machine tools. Intelligent product design and self diagnostic machines,which fix problems on their own. Medical devices, life supporting systems,scanners and DNA Sequencing machines. Robotics and Space Exploration Equipments, Computer peripherals and security systems.
12. Space Mouse is developed by the DLR institute of robotics and mechatronics.
13. Ease of Use of manipulating objects in 3D applications. Calibration free sensor technology for high precision and unique reliability. Nine programmable buttons to customize the motion control and finger tip operation for maximum precision and performance Frees up the desk space and reduces human effors. Natural hand positioning eliminates fatigue.
14. The features of a space mouse are not only applicable to the graphic simulation and 3D objects but they will strongly change the whole world of manufacturing and constructing technology. It is also applicable to other areas of science like chemistry ,biology and also entertainment. For all these applications , Space Mouse works as an intuitive interface technology between Man and machine. No other technology can beat the SPACE MOUSE in its simplicity and yet high precision. It is used for 3D manipulations in 6 degrees of freedom,but at the same time may function as a conventional 2D mouse.
15. (1) J.HeintB, G.HilzingerDevice for programming movements of a Robot,Enrop.Patent No. 0.108.348; USPatent No. 4,589,810.(2) G.Hirzmger and J.Dietrich,B.Gombert,J.Heindi,K.Landzetel,J.SchottThe Sensory and telerobotic aspects of the spare robottechnology experiment ROTEX,Int.Symposium “Artificial Intelligence,Robotics andAutomation, in Space”,Toulouse Labege,France,Sept.30-Oct.2,1992.