How to use Puppets to Promote Student Learning
2. PUPPET HISTORY
• December 2012 I made Dewey.
• Currently 6 of my puppets have twitter accounts.
• Making versus buying
• Puppet Patterns
3. TEACHER AND PUPPET
• My experience with puppets and teaching
• Transition activity
• Relationship Builder
• Focus tool
• Questions, checking for understanding
4. STUDENT AND PUPPET
• Ego Proxy, great for language learning and
• Puppet as Avatar
• Put writing into action
• Make students directors, and designers
• Have the people using puppets build them
5. PUPPET CONSTRUCTION
• Everything I know I learned from YouTube and the
• Simple design and hot glue can get you running quick
• There is no substitute for craftsmanship
6. P U P P E T S A N D V I D E O C R E AT I O N
• Keeps the kids off camera
• Green Screen skills
• Video production
• Writing process
• Unique and Marketable Content
Sustainability, can you do that voice for a long time?
Every mistake you make will be with scissors
How do I transition out of the puppet?
What about the Puppet Haters?
You have to teach #AllofTheThings