4. MarSamBeal.comSource SolarTech Mar2011Santa Clara County surveyMarket Challenges
5. MarSamBeal.comClean-tech is a global economic driverSubsidies drive learning curve i.e. costLEED and “net zero” are reshapingconstruction industryDemand Response & Smart Grid arecritical enabling technologiesEnvironment
6. MarSamBeal.comSource: Danny Kennedy CEO, SungevityWe need a new vocabulary
7. MarSamBeal.com1B tons of coal - every year1 ton = 1MW-hrAt 3¢/KW-hr
9. MarSamBeal.comThe End of Fossil Fuels?In one generation we can eliminate coalIn two generations we can eliminate oilNo one renewable can accomplish this:Solar + Wind + Biofuels + Geothermal
10. MarSamBeal.comHow close are we today?GWRenewable Energy today90% of Israeli homes have SHW(21% of energy)PV provides 5% of German’selectricityCalifornia is ~20% renewableenergy with target of 33% by2020.
11. MarSamBeal.comWhat is needed in AmericaEducationIncentives (policy) to drive learning curveRespect for clean, limitless energy
12. MarSamBeal.comMarket is growing but not uniformlyClean-tech is a global economic driverEnergy policy is chaotic - but improvingLEED (energy efficiency buildings)Net zero home constructionDemand Response, SmartGrid, HEMSummary