2. Introduction to Social Network
Use of Social Networking sites in
Marketing & Management
How to "do" Social Networking?
Marketing For Business Profits
Why Social Networking ?
4. How do you explain to say somebody what
Social Network is?
Web Definition : A set of nodes, points, or locations connected by means of
data, voice, and video communications for the purpose of
6. A social network is a
description of the social
structure between actors,
mostly individuals or
organizations. It indicates
the ways in which they are
connected through various
social familiarities ranging
from casual acquaintance to
close familiar bonds.
1971 :-The first email was delivered.
1998 :-Google opens as a major Internet search engine
LinkedIn was started as a business-oriented social networking site
2004 :- Facebook, another social networking website, was started
8. Use of Social Networking sites in
Marketing & Management
One of today’s hottest trends.
How social networking can help their careers or businesses ?
Exactly how to get started with this online marketing technique?
Social networking sites have become so popular because of
following characteristics :-
Evolving in nature,
Change from day to day .
Approach to using this medium!
9. • First decide what your marketing goals are with respect to social
• marketing goals need to be more specific
• After you’ve decided on your purpose choose social networking
11. • Customers and Consumers: People who will benefit from what you do,
consume or buy your products or services, and rave about you to their friends.
• Others Within Your Industry: People with whom you can network, share
resources and cross-promote with.
• Media and Publishers: People who work for, or can influence, publications you
would like to be mentioned in (e-zines, newspapers, Websites, etc).
• Consultants: People who may want to hire or purchase products from you.
• Event, Company or Organization representatives: People who operate
businesses and associations that support your industry.
12. Social Media Marketing
create opportunities to:
Engage with customers
It is fun and simple to do once you
Create inbound links
Creates loyalty and trust
13. How to "do" Social Networking?How to "do" Social Networking?
Marketing For Business ProfitsMarketing For Business Profits
define your audience
locate your potential customers
build a social relationship
promote your brand and website
14. • Social media has become a relatively inexpensive platform
• Easily accessible to anyone with internet access
• Opening doors of success for organizations
• Implement marketing campaigns.
• Receive direct feedback from their customers and targeted
And many more….
16. Among the goals for which social media can be
Customer service, e.g. direct response to
Broadcasting updates, announcements, news,
e.g. additional PR resource
Behind the scenes look at the organization
17. You can connect directly with your customers and get their
feedback/suggestions for improving your products or
Reaching your targeted market for little or no cash
investment is substantial, and the audience wanting your
information voluntarily joins or follows you.
You can make your customers feel valued as human beings,
not just dollars and cents, and improve their experiences
with your business.
You can use social media (such as Twitter and Facebook) to
advertise upcoming events or special offers that you think
your customers would enjoy.
Social media has a wide reach, so your customers may even
spread your message for you if they like it.
You can send out your message at times when you think your
customers are most likely to see it, and measure the
effectiveness of your message with other tools.
18. Updating your social media accounts takes time and effort.
The information is only visible for a short time before newer
posts replace it
If one of your customers (someone who isn't a chronic
complainer, but a good customer who you want to keep)
complains about you online, that complaint may be seen
worldwide. Best thing to do: Acknowledge that customer
immediately and act fast to fix the problem.
If you ever make an error (such as an accidental misspelling
or mouthing off to a customer online -- I've seen both
happen), it's seen worldwide and may even be picked up by
news channels. Fix it fast.