it is through the introduction of television that has made the biggest impact on the Olympics opened the accessibility to the Olympics
SALIMA In terms of their potential to host the Games, which means to fund the games and respect the olympic charter
SALIMA contribute to the appeal of the event and differentiate the Olympic brand from any other sports and cultural property. enthusiasm which is what drive consumers interest in the Olympic Games
MERYEM / KHADIJA
MERYEM KHADIJA The olympic games provide to the small or medium sized companies with Association with the Olympic brand can help to transform and reposition companies more rapidly than other methods.
MERYEM KHADIJA The Olympic Games is an event of such magnitude that it can potentially have a signiﬁcant economic impact on the host city and, for the smaller countries
MEREYM The Olympic Games logo is the most protected logo in the world The olympic games committee have sets out some of the issues for advertisers and agencies to be aware of when developing marketing campaigns which have some connection with the Games.
MERYEM TO REMIND Ambush marketing IS an attempt of some businesses to associate themselfves with the Game even though they are not contributing to the event (not sponsoring the game or not providing products)
ILA BRITI DIRI CONCLUSION MEN 9BEL MEN HAD SLIDE; WALAKINE HSSAN BLACH
1. • INTRODUCTION• HISTORY OF THE OLYMPIC GAMES• WORLDWIDE OPENING OF THE OLYMPIC GAMES• HOW TO SELECT THE HOST CITY• OLYMPIC BRAND – IMAGE• OLYMPIC GAMES SUCCESS MEASURES• BENEFITS FOR THE BUSINESS & LOCAL ECONOMY• OLYMPIC LOGO USE REGULATION & PROTECTION
2. Olympism seeks to create a way of life based on joy of effort,the educational value of good exampleand respect for universal fundamental ethical principle
3. • The first Modern Olympics Games wereheld in Athens in “1896”• Introduction of women to the OlympicGames in the “1900” Olympic Games• Introduction of the Winter Olympics in“1924”• The introduction of athletes withdisabilities in “1948”
4. TECHNOLOGICAL AND MEDIAINFLUENCE:led to a great deal of people attentionNo event brings the world together quitelike the Olympic GamesThe Olympic Games are special because they happen only once in a while
5. The IOC International Olympic Committeeelects host cities following a two-stage process. Get the aplication files ofCities wishing to stage the Games. IOC Executive Board selects a number ofapplicants to be considered Candidate Cities.
6. OLYMPIC BRAND & IMAGE
7. Creating Olympic Image:Through advertising Olympicsby creating International brand awareness Ex. By sending the mascot of the Olympics around the worldThe International Olympic Committeepromotes the Olympic brand different globalcampaigns (ex. Hummanity campaign), airedworldwide with as objectives:● To communicate to a worldwide audience the core values and ideals of the Olympic Games● To raise the awareness of the Games
8. Creating a strong Olympic brand – logo,pictograms, mascot, uniforms, city aestheticsreflects the Olympic tradition and each ho country’s culture Create Olympic Enthusiasm –Ex. Performance of national Olympic athletes encourage watching
9. • Significant • Public support viewership • Public opinion• Website hits communication• Ticket sales + with the public• Revenue gained • Media Opinion- for the sponsors is the host country’s media support
10. Brand building and increasing sales. Opportunity to benefits from their association with one of the worlds favorite cities and the worlds most recognized brand. Market differentiation, new customer & better staff retention. Maximise commercial and business opportunities Differentiation and development of businesses brand Reposition of the company
11. Olympic Games: “Commercial commodity for the host city”
12. “Olympic could be barred under copyright law” Businesses must be involved in the Olympic event to use logo Companies have to enlarge and rize the national pridethrough their association with the Olympic games (ex.Addidas sponsoring of Beijing 2008 and London 2012)- Advertisers that seek to associate with the Gamesshould take legal advice before.
13. - Non-sponsor advertising around the Olympicsites is not permitted- Non-sponsor advertisers should never use theOlympic rings without permission from the IOC- Ambush marketing is forbidden by the IOC
14. Case study questions
15. • 1. What are the key advantages for Olympic sponsors? (to read)• By partnering the event, sponsors have as an objective to generate audience and thus raize the brand awareness.• And thanks to media, sponsoring Olympic games is a great boon for those brands that seek only to pass in front their competitors and increase market share. This occasion to boost their sales (as sponsoring is likely to advertise the product to almost all the world watching the Olympic games) and an opportunity to target new markets, as the sponsoring businesses have a real interest in developing their customer base (they attract consumers and thus lead to a consumer need).• As an example, cameras company Kodak, can have a great advantage to sponsor a certain Olympic game or any sport event, as during these important period, such products are very important and essential for the public.• These sponsoring businesses (most of them small or medium sized) aim also for other non-financial purposes, as building and securing customer relationships.
16. • 2. Why do cities across the World compete to host the Olympics?• Those cities that are competing in order to host the Games are fighting for the benefits that will falls to the local economy and the great opportunities for the local businesses and the international image that the country will build throughout the event.• Like China, the host country will have the opportunity to create global business links, which is very important for the expansion of some local industries through the global market and for benefiting from a new image of a strong and powerful country that have been able to fund and host the games with an effective management and organization.• The economic benefits to the country and the host city are particularly interesting due to the development of three business areas: job creation, tourism, which generates revenues, and the sport economy which allows an increase in sports practicing and sporting goods and equipments bought in sores.