Presented by Scott Sambucci, SalesQualia.
About the Workshop:
To test an MVP, you need customers. And Customer Development means you need to know the a few basic sales skills. This workshop focuses on understanding the customer pain (Customer Discovery) and then showing them you can solve it (Customer Validation).
This 3 hour activity-based workshop began with effective methods for finding potential customers (salespeople call this "prospecting"), then what to say and how to say it to your potential customers (a.k.a "making sales calls"). These first customers enable you to validate your product idea and build your business model.
By employing a few simple principles and developing a structure for your Customer Discovery calls, you'll accelerate your learning. Work smarter, not harder.
- How to research referrals before you call them;
- How to identify new potential customers;
- How to maximize your time at conferences & industry events.
The last part of the workshop discussed "Sales Mapping" - a technique to plan and prepare for any Customer Development conversation.
- Convert your potential customers into paying customers;
- Reduce sales call anxiety;
- Focus on your product development and learning.
This workshop was organized and hosed by the Lean Startup Circle Meetup Group on 12/17/12: