1. September 2011 Volume 9, Issue 9 ® PMP Examination Changes Effective 31 August 2011 ® Attend the R.E.P. Recognition Breakfast at PMI Global Congress 2011- North America R.E.P.s Offering Products Through Smart Device Applications PMI Awards Ceremony and Reception ® Updates to the Program Management Professional (PgMP) Exam Requests for Proposals (RFPs) Posted on R.E.P. LinkedIn Group Site ® An Essential Component for R.E.P.s: PMI Global Congress 2011 - North America 28 New R.E.P.s Welcomed in August Statistics of Interest as of 31 August 2011 ®PMP Examination Changes Effective 31 August 2011As you know, the new Project Management Professional (PMP)® examination was released on 31 August 2011 as a result ofthe recent Role Delineation Study (RDS). The PMP® RDS is the foundation on which this professional certification is based.The RDS defines what project managers do, how often they do it and how important their work is. As the RDS is updated, thereare resulting updates to the examination questions and process areas in the PMP examination application.Because there were changes to both the exam and the application, we wanted to make you aware of what is new so you cananswer questions for your customers.Delivery of Exam ResultsIn transitioning to the new examination, PMI had to update its examination reporting processes. This means that, for a shortperiod of time, examination results will not be available immediately following the examination. There will be a 4-to-6 weekperiod between taking the examination and receiving the results via email. We know this will be disappointing to candidates,but please let them know the delay is necessary any time an exam changes in order to validate the new examination structure.In particular, please note the following details about the delivery of the examination results.• Candidates who took the updated computer-based examination on or after 31 August will not receive immediate results atthe Prometric testing center.
2. • Candidates taking the updated paper-based examination can also expect a delay in receiving their examination results.• Once PMI validates the new examination structure (by mid-October), we will be able to resume providing individuals withimmediate results at the Prometric testing center.• Each PMP candidate will receive a communication to notify him or her when his or her results will be available at PMI.org.• All candidates can expect to receive their examination results by mid-October.Changes to the ApplicationIn addition, for candidates who are getting ready to apply for the PMP, the application has been updated to reflect the currentrole of the project manager as revealed in the new RDS.• In the past, PMI has required candidates to track and report their hours of experience leading and directing projects for eachtask within the RDS.• On 31 August, PMI updated the PMP application to require candidates to track and report their hours for each domain(Process Group) within the RDS.• Any candidates who had an application in progress at the time the change was made will have their experience hoursmigrated to the new application, so that no data are lost.• Please refer to the PMP Handbook on PMI.org for more detailed instructions.We are excited to transition to the new PMP examination and thank you for your continued support to the global communityof project management professionals. Should you or any of your customers have any questions, please contact Customer Care. >> BACK TO TOP ®Attend the R.E.P. Recognition Breakfast at PMI Global Congress 2011 - North AmericaWe hope that you plan to attend the R.E.P. Recognition Breakfast on Saturday, 22 October 2011 from 8:00–11:00 EDT at thePMI Global Congress 2011—North America in Dallas, Texas USA.PMI and R.E.P. staff will be providing information about current PMI and R.E.P. initiatives.If you have not done so already, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot for the R.E.P. RecognitionBreakfast. >> BACK TO TOPR.E.P.s Offering Products Through Smart Device ApplicationsThis is a gentle reminder to all our valued program participants who are currently using the continuing advancement in smartdevice application technologies for commercial product use.Please adhere to our Intellectual Property Guidelines, which are outlined on our R.E.P. Program Resources Page, becausethese rules are applicable to the presentation of those materials as well. >> BACK TO TOPPMI Awards Ceremony and ReceptionEach year, hundreds of thousands of people around the world receive formal project management training from organizations
3. like yours. Through the PMI Professional Awards Program, PMI honors organizations that support the educational needs ofpractitioners in project management.Join us in celebrating the “best of the best” in project management education and training – winners of the 2011 PMIContinuing Professional Education Provider of the Year and 2011 Continuing Professional Education Product of the YearAwards will be honored on Saturday, 22 October 2011 during the PMI Awards Ceremony and Reception.For many, this is the must-attend event of the PMI® Global Congress – a fast-paced and entertaining evening that honors ourprofession and provides attendees with the unique opportunity to network with the "best of the best" in project management.Although the event is complimentary with Congress registration, the overwhelming demand this year means that registrationwill be required. Just check the "Awards Ceremony and Reception Box" when completing your registration. >> BACK TO TOP ®Updates to the Program Management Professional (PgMP) Exam ®The Program Management Professional (PgMP) credential examination will be updated on 1 January 2012, based on therecent Role Delineation Study (RDS).Every five to seven years, PMI conducts an RDS for the PgMP credential to identify the most current and critical elements ofthe professional practice of program management. This ensures that the credential exam continues to assess what is mostrelevant in the day-to-day work of project and program managers as the profession evolves over time.The RDS provides PMI with a blueprint for updating the credential through the PgMP Examination Content Outline, a directoutput of the RDS.The PgMP RDS results include:• The three evaluations for the PgMP credential, which include the panel review, the examination and the multi-raterassessment, are being updated to reflect changes to the role identified in the study.• New structures in the program management performance domains and tasks.The new PgMP exam will be released globally on 1 January 2012, which means that the last day to take the current PgMPexam is 31 December.If you would like to take the current exam version, you are advised to schedule early to better ensure that you are able toobtain a test appointment before the updates. Find more information about the PgMP updates and the new PgMPExamination Content Outline online. >> BACK TO TOPRequest for Proposals (RFPs) Posted on R.E.P. LinkedIn SitePlease remember to check our R.E.P. LinkedIn Group site under the “Jobs” section in the menu options to locate activeRequests for Proposals (RFPs) from organizations globally seeking to have project management training done by R.E.P.s.
4. Currently, we have five available RFPs from the following companies:• RFP for Singapore Telecommunications Limited (closing date is 30 September 2011)• RFP for Raygroup SASU in Grenoble, France (closing date is 14 October 2011)• RFP for Ingram Micro in Santa Ana, California USA (closing date is 23 September 2011)• RFP for KELL Partners in Austin, Texas USA (closing date is 23 September 2011)• RFP for Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board in Minnesota USA (closing date is 6 October 2011)If you do not have an account on LinkedIn, we encourage you to create one now. It is a quick and easy process that only takesabout three minutes and is free.Create your account.Please e-mail email@example.com with any questions or concerns you may have. >> BACK TO TOP ®An Essential Component for R.E.P.s: PMI Global Congress 2011 - North America ®This October PMI will welcome practitioners from the region and around the world to Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas, USA for PMIGlobal Congress – 2011 North America.More than 55% of the attendees are responsible for the operational budgets in their organizations.Among the top areas of interest, as ranked by prior attendees of this event, are business management (44%),consulting/training (30%), and e-learning (26%).Download the prospectus to learn more about our attendees and cost-effective exhibit and sponsorship opportunities. >> BACK TO TOP28 New R.E.P.s Welcomed in AugustAsia PacificBusiness Breakthrough Inc. – JapanEnterprise Business Solutions Sdn. Bhd. – MalaysiaInternational Services & Alliances Co., Ltd – ThailandNITYO INFOTECH SERVICES PTE LTD – SingaporeSAPIENCE CONSULTING PTE. LTD. – SingaporeSeason Computer – IranSinoServiceone Ltd. – China
5. Union of Japanese Scientists and Engineers – JapanEMEACollege of the North Atlantic (Qatar) – QatarDexnova Consulting Limited – NigeriaJose Angelo da Costa Pinto – PortugalNDS Group Ltd – IsraelNon-state Educational Institution St. Petersburg Institute of Project Management.(NEI SPb IPM) – Russian FederationUniversity of Liverpool – United KingdomLatin America and the CaribbeanPMA – UruguayNorth America120 Venture Construction – United StatesAdventum Technologies dba PM Simplify – United StatesAlion Science and Technology Corporation – United StatesBaldus Consulting, LLC – United StatesDurham Business & Computer College – CanadaEvoke Research and Consulting, LLC – United StatesILX Group plc – United StatesL-3 Stratis – United StatesMCA International LLC – United StatesOpEx Solutions, Inc. – United StatesPlatinum Edge, Inc. – United StatesRightStar – United StatesUCLA Extension: Department of Engineering and Technology – United States >> BACK TO TOP