In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?
Tagline They say 7 is a Lucky Number,But is it... ??? Video Clip
Many films have Taglines. Most film taglines are memorable and suggests the tone of the film.Such as, "Check in. Relax. Take a shower" This is the tagline from Psycho I thought the tagline of our film is very catchy and clever, and it also helps the audience get a feel of what may be heading their way. I created the tagline in LiveType, and by keeping it simple, it helped make the start of the film seem serious.
2. Film Companies Film companies often fund and help release a film, as we didn't have any funding we decided to create our own Film Company.POV inc. – (Point Of View)We decided to name our company POV and thought that if it was a real film company it would produce dramas and thrillers, particularly from peoples point of views.
3. Costumes And Props This is a typical feature which most films have. Our characters need specific items of clothing which labelled them and helped portray them in a significant way. We were able to create a stereotypical image of a hooded terrorist, simply by dressing him in a hoodie and giving him a backpack.
4. Editing All films have some sort of editing in them, We challenged these conventions of typical film cuts by inserting transitions and playing scenes at slow motion to create suspense and a dramatic mood.
5. Camerawork Whilst filming we used a range of camera shots including panning in establishing shots, close ups in the bus scenes to create sympathy. We didn't use a lot of zooms as it disturbed the quality of our filming.
6. The Score A Film score is basically all the background sound/Music which is featured in a film. We created our score in the Digital editing suite. The music was created on the keyboards and then imported into our film.
Taglines are often featured on top of movie posters to help advertise and invite audiences to watch the film. This is something that I also inserted into the film poster. The tagline on the poster for Psycho
Other typical features in the poster included: The film Rating The Title Cast Film Company, Director and actor Date of Release