Accessible Travel in Italy
At Sage Traveling, we want you to have the best accessible Italy
vacation possible! That’s why we have conducted countless hours
of research on Italy wheelchair travel.
We have personally inspected accessible Italy hotels and offer numerous
accessible Italy tours and personalized trip planning services including
our famous Sage Accessibility Guides!
On this page you will find detailed accessibility reviews of Italy’s
most popular tourist attractions, Italy accessible travel tips written
by John Sage, accessible Italy vacation ideas, information on our
accessible Trip Planning Services, and more!
12 Wheelchair Travel Tips for Italy
• Accessible travel in Italy can be difficult but it doesn’t have to be.
• While Italy presents numerous accessibility challenges, there is almost
always something you can do to make it work.
• Before your trip, educate yourself about the accessibility challenges
you will encounter, and you’ll have a much easier trip with your focus
on enjoying yourself rather than trying to navigate barriers.
• These 12 Italy Accessible Travel Tips are the first step to make your trip
easier and more enjoyable.
Italy Accessible Travel Advice
• John Sage has traveled all over Italy in his wheelchair and has
overcome the many challenges that Italy wheelchair travel presents,
like cobblestones in Rome, Vaporetto (water buses) in Venice, ancient
ruins in Pompeii, and the more wheelchair-friendly Herculeaneum
• These detailed Italy wheelchair access reviews of the most visited
places (and some best-kept secrets!) in Italy are the perfect way
to start preparing for your accessible vacation!
City Accessibility Reviews
Disabled Access Review of Florence
Disabled Access Review of Rome
Disabled Access Review of Venice
Port Accessibility Reviews
Catania Cruise Port Accessibility
Civitavecchia (Rome) Cruise Port Accessibility
Genoa Cruise Port Accessibility
Livorno Cruise Port Accessibility
Sorrento Cruise Port Accessibility
Naples Cruise Port Accessibility
Attraction Accessibility Reviews
Accademia Disabled Access
Colosseum Disabled Access
Doge’s Place Disabled Access
Florence Duomo Disabled Access
Herculaneum Disabled Access
Leaning Tower of Pisa Disabled Access
Pompeii Disabled Access
Roman Forum Disabled Access
St. Mark’s Basilica Disabled Access
Uffizi Gallery Disabled Access
Vatican Disabled Access
Keys to Success for Disabled Travel
11 Keys to Success for Florence
10 Keys to Success for Rome
10 Keys to Success for Venice
More Accessibility Reviews
Wheelchair Access on Venice’s Vaporetto
Wheelchair Access at Venice Airport
Getting Around Rome in a Wheelchair
Top Accessible Italy Vacations
• These top 7 accessible Italian vacation itineraries include stays in
Rome, Florence, and Venice as well as the Tuscan countryside!
• Romance, art, wineries, beautiful Tuscan scenery, and some of the
most interesting and well-preserved ancient history of any other
European country—Italy really has something for everyone, and Italy
wheelchair travel has never been easier with the help of Sage
• Relax as you sip an authentic Italian cappuccino in Venice, marvel at
Michelangelo’s David in Florence, step back in time as you visit ancient
Roman ruins, or enjoy an accessible tour of a Chianti winery outside
• On an accessible Italian vacation, your options are limitless!
Accessible Italy Hotels
• One of the most frustrating things about traveling with a disability is
arriving at your “accessible” hotel only to find that it’s not accessible
• John Sage has personally visited numerous hotels in Italy so you can
rest assured that these proven accessible hotels will meet your needs,
whether you’d like a roll-in shower hotel room in Florence, 5 star
accessible hotel room in Rome, or even a budget accessible hotel room
• We have also inspected hotel accessibility in Lucca, Pisa, Siena, and
• All hotel reservations come with our Sage Accessibility Guides.
Florence Accessible Hotels
Lucca Accessible Hotels
Naples Accessible Hotels
Pisa Accessible Hotels
Rome Accessible Hotels
Siena Accessible Hotels
Sorrento Accessible Hotels
Venice Accessible Hotels
Accessible Italy Tours
See Italy’s most popular attractions on one of these wheelchair
accessible guided tours or cruise excursions with proven step-free
• Your experienced, English-speaking guide already knows about the
wheelchair ramps and lifts at the Vatican and the most accessible
routes through Florence, so you can enjoy the sights without having to
worry about Italy wheelchair access!
• Our tour guides have been hand-picked to provide you the top Italy
Florence Accessible Guided Tours
Naples & Sorrento Accessible
Rome Accessible Guided Tours
Sicily Accessible Guided Tours
Livorno Accessible Shore Excursions
Naples Accessible Shore Excursions
Rome Accessible Shore Excursions
Sicily Accessible Shore Excursions
Venice Accessible Guided Tours Venice Accessible Shore Excursions
Italy Wheelchair Accessible Van Transfers
• In many places in Europe, there may be only one or two accessible
taxis or vans in the entire city!
• It is important to book your wheelchair accessible transfers in advance
because availability is limited.
• Water taxis in Venice are a great way for disabled travelers to get
around and accessible vans in Tuscany will allow you to see the quaint
towns, wineries, and beautiful Italian countryside from Florence.
• Accessible van transfers are also available in Rome, Florence, Naples,
Sorrento, and Livorno. For more information, contact one of our
accessible travel specialists.
Wheelchair Rentals in Italy
• To make your accessible travel in Italy easier, you may consider renting
a manual wheelchair, electric wheelchair, or mobility scooter to use
during your trip.
• Sage Traveling can arrange for your rental wheelchair or scooter to be
delivered to your hotel and waiting for you when you arrive!
• Rental wheelchairs in Italy are available in Rome, Venice, Florence and
• Contact us for more information.
Sage Accessibility Guides in Italy
• Our Sage Accessibility Guides written by John Sage answer all of your
questions about accessible travel in Italy.
• Which Italy tourist sites are accessible? Which ones should you avoid?
Where can I find accessible restaurants and shopping in Rome? How
should I travel between tourist sites in Venice?
• Each accessibility guide offers essential accessible travel advice that
includes accessible itineraries, travel tips, maps, and much more!
Capri Accessibility Guide
Florence Accessibility Guide
Genoa Accessibility Guide
Naples Accessibility Guide
Pisa Accessibility Guide
Rome Accessibility Guide
Sorrento Accessibility Guide
Venice Accessibility Guide
Italy Accessible Trip Planning Services
The accessible travel agents at Sage Traveling are experts on Italy
wheelchair access, and will take care everything for your accessible
vacation so you can make the most out of your trip to Italy!
Sage Traveling can provide:
Florence Accessible Trip Planning
Lucca Accessible Trip Planning
Naples Accessible Trip Planning
Pisa Accessible Trip Planning
Siena Accessible Trip Planning
Sorrento Accessible Trip Planning
Tuscany Accessible Trip Planning
Venice Accessible Trip Planning
Rome Accessible Trip Planning
1) Accessible hotel recommendations & booking;
2) Accessible tours & transportation booking;
3) Pre-trip accessibility consultation;
4) Sage Accessibility Guides for your destination cities; and
5) Emergency assistance during your trip.
“At first when I chose you as our travel agency, I took a chance
on you, and I’m very glad that I did. Everyone in our party, all
five of us would defiantly use you again.”
– Mark, Sage Traveling client who visited Italy
Read more client testimonials
Call Us: 1-888-645-7920
We look forward to making your accessible dream vacation a reality!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org