Sage 300 ERP 2013: Best Practices for Upgrading to Sage 300 ERP for Customers
Sage 300 ERP
Best Practices - How to Successfully Upgrade to Sage 300
• In order to receive CPE credit for this session, you must be present for the entire
– Session Code: C-130
– Recommended CPE Credit = 1
– Delivery Method = Group Live
– Field of Study = Specialized Knowledge and Applications
• Visit the Sage Summit Connect kiosks to enter CPE credit during the conference.
• Simon Millichip – Supervisor, Customer Support Sage 300 ERP
• Tips and tricks on how to plan a successful upgrade to Sage 300 ERP 2012. Join this
session to get the answers to the most common questions about upgrading, including:
What pre-upgrade preparation do you need? How should you prepare your
environment? What's the most effective way to perform the upgrade? What needs to
be done after the upgrade? .
• Follow Sage on Twitter: @Sage_Summit
• Follow Sage 300 ERP Customer Support: @sage300erpcs
What does it look like?
What can we check?
Why is it Important?
• Environment preparation
• Pre Upgrade procedures
• Performing the upgrade
• Post Upgrade procedures
Sage 300 ERP 2012 Compatibility
• Verify Hardware Requirements
• Verify the Database Platform
• Verify the Operating System
• Verify the Recommended Configurations
Sage 300 ERP 2012 Procedures
• Back up your Databases
• Obtain the Activation Codes
• Review the Documentation
-Sage 300 ERP 2012 Readme
-Sage 300 ERP 2012 Installation Guide
-Sage 300 ERP 2012 Update Guide
Review Custom Applications
• Contact the Vendor or Developer
- Is it supported on my environment?
- Is it compatible with Sage 300 ERP 2012
- Are there any Product Updates required?
- What are the steps involved in upgrading?
- Do I need to prepare the data in any way for upgrade?
Review Custom Reports & Macros
• Save/Backup any custom reports or macros
• Review the update notice and refer to the AOM
• Test the reports/macros in the upgraded version
• Run the reports/macros prior to upgrade and compare
Preparing your Sage 300 ERP 2012 data
• Run Day End Processing (If you use Inventory Control)
• Post any open batches in A/R and A/P
• Post any open batches in G/L
• Check Data Integrity and correct any errors
• Perform any pre-required upgrade steps on 3rd party modules
• Print the Account Group Report (Optional)
• Install and Configure Internet Information Services
Top 3 Tips
Perform a test upgrade
Do not force through an upgrade
Performing the Upgrade
Upgrade Steps for Sage 300 ERP 2012
• Uninstall the previous version of System Manager
• Install Sage 300 ERP Programs
• Install the latest Product Update
• Enter License Information
• Activate your data
Post Upgrade Procedures
For Sage 300 ERP 2012
- Run Data Integrity for each module
- Run selected reports to confirm information is the same
- Back Up data
Post Upgrade Procedures
For Custom Applications, Reports & Macros
- Ensure any application runs as expected
-For example if you use SageCRM you may need
to re-install the integration component
- Confirm Custom Reports & macros work
Your Feedback is Important to Us!
• Completing a session survey is fast and easy:
Complete the survey on your mobile phone, laptop, or tablet
through the Sage Summit mobile app.
– IOS, Blackberry, or Android users may download the app from the
at the App Store by searching “Sage Summit”.
• Remember each completed survey is another entry for one of several daily prize
drawings, including an Apple iPad!
• Your feedback helps us improve future sessions and presentation techniques.
• Session code for this session: C-130
• Presenter Contact Information:
– Simon Millichip
– Twitter hashtag <@sage300erpcs>
• Follow us @Sage_Summit
– Use the official Sage Summit hashtag: #SageSummit
• Don’t forget to use the Sage Summit mobile or web app for all your
Thank you for your participation.