1. SECTORIALPRESENTATION MOBILE HANDSETS By Mascot Group
2. Mobile Handsets Contentso Current World and Indian Market Size.o Contribution to India’s GDP.o Growth Rate of the Sector (India & World).o Key Players of the Sector (India & World).o Future Trends of the Sector.o SWOT Analysis.
3. Mobile Handsets MARKET SIZE • India has 652.42 million mobile phone users. • The market is growing at a growth rate of 3.2%. • This market is currently having INR 38000 Crore of contribution in Indian GDP. • The total revenue earned from this industry is 3 percent of the gross world products and is aiming at attaining more revenues.
4. KEY PLAYERS OF THE SECTORAPPLE AND RIM. NOKIA ATACUIRING THE 5TH NO1 POSITIONPOSITIONSONY ERISSION SAMSUNG ATSTANDING AT 4TH NO 2 POSITIONPOSITION LG & MOTOROLA. OBTAINING THE 3RD POSITION LG & MOTOROLA Source by:- Nielsen’s Data
5. Mobile Handsets WORLD MARKET SHARE OF MAJOR COMPANIES 0% 0% 25% 36% Nokia Samsung 4% LG RIM 9% 4% Sony Ericsson 22% Others According to IDC report
6. TOP 5 Companiesin India NOKIA SPICE SAMSUNG MOBILE HANDSETS MICROMAX G’FIVE & LG
7. Indian Market 31% 34% Nokia Samsung GFive7% LG & Micromax 8% 11% 9% Spice Others Source by:- Nielsen’s Data
8. Mobile Handsets Top Brands In India o Nokia retained its No.1 spot with a market share of 31.5 per cent in terms of units shipped and revenue earned $540billion. o The Korean electronic giant Samsung has slipped to No.2nd position with a market share of 10.6 percent in terms of units shipped. o G’Five a Chinese company recently came to 3rd position with a boom as they provide cheap and elegant designed phone’s at a cheaper price than others in the market with a genuine IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) implantation. o Micromax & LG is the forth largest mobile handset player in India. Micromax plans to sell six million units this year while LG has a market share of 7.3 percent. o Spice is the Fifth largest mobile handset player in India. The company with 25 handset models is targeting 1 million handset sales per month and selling nearly 1.5 million mobile handsets per quarter.
9. FUTURE TREND OF MOBILESFrom 1G to 2.5G and from 3G to 5G this world oftelecommunications has seen a number of improvements alongwith improved performance with every passing day.The latest Buzz is Android phones attracting a lot of people with alot of new stuff added in a cell phones.India has Targeted to achieve the shipment of 1322.77 millionHandsets till 2012.
10. • Development in mobile Handset sector: • 12 MEGAPIXEL CAMERA ( NOKIA N8 ) • 4.3” TOUCH SCREEN ( HTC WITH WINDOWS7 OS ) • ANDROID PHONES • 32 GB MEMORY ( APPLE & NOKIA etc. )
11. Contd…• Upcoming handsets are arriving with Processors and RAM (like computers).• Now the Era of Mobile Tablets and I-pads are arriving very fast.• Now a days TV is also been offered on Mobile Handsets only. (Depending on the Subscriber.)
12. SWOT ANALYSISMobile Handsets S W O T
13. SWOT ANALYSISStrengths SStrength Strength Strength •Design, the branding •Effective•Strength of the and the technology. advertisement andcorporate brand. market •Backwards communication.•Complexity improves compatibility - protectionits Competitive from a Japanese •Lending personality toposition . onslaught. its products.
14. SWOT ANALYSISWeaknesses WWeaknesses Weaknesses• Lapse has • Ericsson- king of opened up space wireless for smaller infrastructure. competitors • Design to market• Potential threat takes more time. from Microsoft’s entry into mobile telephony
15. SWOT ANALYSISOpportunities OOpportunities Opportunities Opportunities• Highest growth in • Providing value at • Building a markets such as a reasonable worldwide supplier China and Latin lifetime cost. network. America. • Life style • Can come in the• Feature-loaded marketing and market of androids phones to act as segmentation. and Tablets. an offset.
16. SWOT ANALYSISThreats TThreats Threats• “Inflection point” - a • 3G has increased disruptive competition between technological suppliers. change. • Cheaper midrange• New competitors models from Samsung with different skills and other players. and potent brands challenge.
17. SWOT ANALYSISStrengths SStrength Strength• New product concepts • Heavy investment in rollout in every five technology, product months. design.• Catching the pulse of the • Focus on innovative consumer, offering good products for both the designs & understanding high-end and low-end Emotions. market.
18. SWOT ANALYSISWeaknesses WWeaknesses Weaknesses • Different models at• Not pro actively coming different price points. out with newer models. • Focus on mass market• Lack in product instead of niche differentiation. markets. • Not very user friendly interface.
19. SWOT ANALYSISOpportunities OOpportunities Opportunities Opportunities• Distinguish its • Demand for cell • Lowering the price service from phones driven by the of a phone by just competitors. service providers or $20 in many carriers. countries could• Offer product increase its variations. • . Tie up with service affordability by. 43%. providers.
20. SWOT ANALYSISThreats TThreats Threats• Motorola’s and Nokia’s • Aggressive dominance in the competitors, including U.S, and Nokia’s Sony popularity in the Ericsson, Nokia, LG European ETC eating into its market, controlling share. more than half of the world market. • Not keeping track of the new trends in the market.