Your SlideShare is downloading. ×
0
Family finances
Family finances
Family finances
Family finances
Family finances
Family finances
Family finances
Family finances
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in...5
×

Thanks for flagging this SlideShare!

Oops! An error has occurred.

×
Saving this for later? Get the SlideShare app to save on your phone or tablet. Read anywhere, anytime – even offline.
Text the download link to your phone
Standard text messaging rates apply

Family finances

85

Published on

Family finances

Family finances

Published in: Economy & Finance
0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total Views
85
On Slideshare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
0
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
0
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

Report content
Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

Cancel
No notes for slide

Transcript

  • 1. SafeSpaceOnlineA Fresh Start for Family Finances LOGO
  • 2. LOGO 1. Build a Budget If you havent already done so, create a realistic budget. Approximately 85% of your income should be set aside for necessities like housing, food, health care and clothing, according to the professionals at VISA USA. This leaves 15% for entertainment and something many consumers completely neglect: savings.
  • 3. LOGO 2. Distinguish Needs from Wants Make sure you have a clear understanding of what you need in life versus what you want in life. You need to pay for the antibiotics when the doctor diagnoses a respiratory infection. You dont need to buy the latest movie released on DVD to aid in your recovery. You need to pay the rent or mortgage. You dont need to buy the lovely accent pillows that beckon to you from the interior design boutique. Always separate the needs from the wants particularly if money is tight.
  • 4. LOGO 3. Monitor Your Spending To see what you really spend each month, keep a running log of all purchasesno matter how smallfor a full month. This will give you a visual display of where your money goes after you deposit your paycheck. You may find that the $3 cup of coffee that starts each day adds up to $90 a montha pocketbook pincher that may prompt you to buy a pound of coffee beans at the local market and grind them yourself. That $90 blossoms into $1,080 in savings at the end of a year.
  • 5. LOGO 4. Create an Emergency Fund Life is full of surprises both positive and negative. If you happen to lose your job or suffer an illness that temporarily sidelines you, you will need cash reserves to support you during the rough months. In most cases, consumers who find themselves dealing with a financial hardship are unprepared and have not saved for unexpected situations, says Diane Giarratano, director of education for Novadebt, a U.S. financial management service agency, with multiple locations, that provides credit counseling, budgeting and financial education.
  • 6. LOGO 5. Educate Yourself When you attended high school or college, you studied history, mathematics, language and science, but there was probably no course in basic money management. If you need help in meeting a financial goal whether its buying a home or reducing your debt take advantage of community resources. Consumers should feel free to contact a good credit-counseling agency to obtain free advice with regard to establishing a budget or to learn how to handle unexpected hardships, Giarratano says.
  • 7. LOGO 6. Dont Become a Victim Identity theft has become an international epidemic, so be extremely cautious when giving out your credit card or personal identifying information. Monitor your credit card bills carefully for unauthorized charges, and immediately report suspicious activity to the issuing company. By: Rob Sallay
  • 8. SafeSpaceOnline Place Your Text Here LOGO

×