Patriarchal Female to Empowered Woman
Here are some of the differences between a female caught in the patriarchal paradigm
(through cultural, political, familial and domestic influences) and a woman who has
developed her own personal power for life and love. We are all along the continuum
some at point A, some point B and many somewhere in between. Notice how the
position you occupy as a woman through the poles listed in this article defines your
relationships and lifestyle now and how your fulfillment can evolve.
1) A patriarchal female dresses to catch a man's attention.
An empowered woman dresses to appreciate herself.
2) A patriarchal female mindlessly betrays other women.
An empowered woman honors herself and all women as sisters.
3) A patriarchal female searches for a man to take care of her.
An empowered woman develops her ability to take care of herself.
4) A patriarchal female acts catty towards other women.
An empowered woman feels inwardly confident and enjoys bonding with other
5) A patriarchal female dances to music that degrades women throughout the lyrics.
An empowered woman enjoys dancing to inspiring music that lifts her spirits and
empowers her even more.
6) A patriarchal female in partnership takes care of all the household responsibilities
and children while often managing a job or career.
An empowered woman works in tandem in partnership to share responsibilities for
rearing children, taking care of the home and balancing career.
7)A patriarchal female has sex to feel loved and wanted and to please her partner.
An empowered woman has sex to share deep pleasure and experience meaningful
union between her and her lover.
8) A patriarchal female seeks divine guidance from a masculine source.
An empowered woman knows that there is wisdom in both the masculine and the
feminine- the sun and the moon.
9) A patriarchal female looks pretty and stays quiet.
An empowered woman speaks her heart and mind to the world.
10) A patriarchal female is an extension of her partner.
An empowered woman is an independent individual.
11) A patriarchal female thinks that PMS is a curse for the fall of Eve.
An empowered woman sees her cycle as an opportunity to connect to her unconscious,
to get her in touch with her true emotions that need to be resolved.
12)A patriarchal female feels she has to be like a man to receive the same opportunities
An empowered woman knows that her authentic voice and her femininity are the seat
of her real power.
An empowered woman attracts an empowered life.
Karinna Kittles-Karsten, The Love Educator, is the founder of SacredLove.com an online
dating, love site and fun couples membership site. She is also an internationally
recognized relationship expert, speaker, author of the best-selling book, Intimate
Wisdom, The Sacred Art of Love, and the creator/host of the popular DVD Sacred LoveMaking. Visit http://sacredlove.com.