1. How to Monitor Your Social Media Presence in 10 Minutes a Day By: Rebecca Corliss from HubSpot Brittany Wilson MKTG 338-002 Book Blog
2. Agenda Introduction Social Media Benchmarks Setting Your Goals Prepping for Your New Routine What Should you be Monitoring? Streamlining Your Monitoring Process Your New 10-Minute Schedule Got 5 More Minutes? What’s Next? Paid Tools as Marketing Solutions Measuring Your Results
3. Introduction “It’s the frontier! The future! The special sauce that makes all marketing successful!” Key component, but it is not “fairy dust” It’s HARD work!! Consider this eBook to be the “8 Minute Abs” of social media Develop a routine that works for you!
4. Social Media Benchmarks
5. Social Media Benchmarks cont..
6. Social Media Benchmarks cont..
7. Setting Your Goals Select one or two specific goals Target these goals to reach them Ex. Do you want to use social media to increase sales???
8. Prepping For Your New Routine Have all the accounts that you want to use set up Try and use as many as possible Use Company Accounts Customer interaction and great content Encourage employees to create accounts To represent your company Have a photo/logo, links to website, and company content on networks
9. What Should You Be Monitoring? Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Quora Blogosphere
10. Streamlining Your Process RSS Feeds (Really Simple Syndication) Feed of a specific stream of information Great tool to help consolidate and organize all the feeds you collect Google Reader Send Important RSS feeds to your reader Facebook- does not have a free way to collect a feed of posts for you business
11. Your New Ten Minute Schedule Log into your Google Reader first thing in the morning and check relevant information
12. What’s Next??? Come up with the best content and react to your fans Now you are listening and engaging
13. Paid Tools as Monitoring Solutions CoTweet Enterprise Edition HubSpot
14. Measuring Your ResultsGoogle Analytics HubSpot
15. Relation to Personal Brand I can use this routine to monitor my personal platforms Set personal goals and focus on them I can monitor my platforms incase I need to do “damage control” Start out with using the 10 minute schedule, but work up to my own that works the best for me
16. Relation to Client Involve this routine in their manual B. Lilley Productions does not have a person to focused on just social media Quick way for them to monitor the platforms Good start for them
17. Rate 4 Stars Very good information, but I feel like we already know this Easy read for someone just starting out with social media
18. References How to Monitor Your Social Media Presence in 10 Minutes a Day by Rebecca Corliss from HubSpot Pictures: How to Monitor Your Social Media Presence in 10 Minutes a Day by Rebecca Corliss from HubSpot http://www.crunchbase.com/company/quora MCqUPPFCqm70QG4_oHgDg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=597&vpy=174&dur=549&hovh=2 25&hovw=225&tx=103&ty=117&sig=117564940023870073523&page=1&tbnh=147&tbnw =147&start=0&ndsp=12&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:0,i:109 http://www.google.com/imgres?q=social+media&um=1&hl=en&tbo=d&qscrl=1&rlz=1T4A DFA_enUS467US467&biw=1192&bih=534&tbm=isch&tbnid=aWihRFThMeesKM:&imgref url=http://technorati.com/social-media/article/is-social-media-really- overrated/&docid=5AL3-N9BAT3MhM&imgurl=http://scm- l3.technorati.com/12/01/15/60155/Social-Media- Collage.jpg%253Ft%253D20120115135657&w=250&h=192&ei=7ceqUKT6OO- r0AGKvoCADg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=16&vpy=166&dur=842&hovh=153&hovw=200&tx =102&ty=75&sig=117564940023870073523&page=2&tbnh=143&tbnw=193&start=12&nd sp=24&ved=1t:429,r:12,s:0,i:172 http://www.google.com/imgres?q=up+arrow&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&tbo=d&qscrl=1&rlz=1T 4ADFA_enUS467US467&biw=1192&bih=534&tbm=isch&tbnid=2rFaN4b3NVQyJM:&imgr efurl=http://www.antisocialmediallc.com/2012/02/arrow-icons-right-left-up-and- down/&docid=NYqs8o7QYL92FM&imgurl=http://www.antisocialmediallc.com/wp- content/uploads/2012/02/Up-Arrow.jpg&w=600&h=600&ei=JcmqUL- 2BJLD0AGzlIBw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=2&vpy=170&dur=85&hovh=225&hovw=225&tx= 109&ty=85&sig=117564940023870073523&page=1&tbnh=139&tbnw=143&start=0&ndsp =16&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0,i:139