• Snapchat is a new way to take pictures or
videos over your cellular device and send
them to friends or family at intervals of 1 to 10
• Invitations contacts on Smartphone or by
connecting through other social networks
• The picture or video that is sent to other users
disappears forever after the view time has
• Viewing period
– the recipient must maintain contact with the
device's touch screen
• Developed by Evan Spiegel and Robert
Murphy, Stanford University students.
• Logs over 400 million messages every day!
• Directed at 13 to 23 year olds Has a growing
40+ age group 80% of Snapchat users and
located in the U.S.
• “Best Friends”
– It tracks the top 3 friends you send and receive
snaps with and creates your “Best Friends” that
can be seen by all of your other friends.
• Up to 7 Top Friends
• My Story
• Visual filters
– Once a day